Re: [NUTS] Gas and caching.....

  • rich sasek
    Message 1 of 24 , May 2, 2006
      Been putting off spending the money and time to fix my bike but now it will cost less to dump a few hundred into it. Plus the weather just got GOOOOOOOOOD.
      Rich

      Thrak <thrak@...> wrote:
      I don't know about the rest of you but the price of gas has seriously impacted my caching activities. I filled up with regular at Safeway - with a 6 cent discount - and still paid $3.03 per gallon.  My truck was pretty empty but not so low that the light had come on yet. It cost $65.00.  Bleh.

      I still have a ton of Oroville caches to do as well as most of Corning, all of Orland, most of Red Bluff, all of Redding, and some still left in the Los Molinos and Tehema areas but it's getting way too expensive to just zoom out and "grab a few" anymore.  I don't know how you "mega cachers" do it.

      Anybody else slowing down due to gas prices?

      -=Thrak=-

    • rich sasek
      Message 2 of 24 , May 2, 2006
        I'd give a gallon of gas to see that, if I could afford it.

        Shel Brabrook <s3hel@...> wrote:
        If your the driver, you just park with the passenger
        door against a tree!  That will slow them down!

        --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:

        > probably pretty funny too..s they start bailing out
        > of the ride before it
        > stops..
        > deb
        >
        > On 5/1/06, Blonde & Dangerous
        > <cachebox@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I don't know about that.  Carpooling for FTF could
        > be dangerous.
        > >
        > > Rosemary
        > > Blonde & Dangerous
        > >

        > > i guess we are going to have to start car pool
        > caching...ride share
        > > anyone...
        > > debra/qattales
        > >

        > > > *Thrak <thrak@... >* wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I bought my truck used a couple of years ago.
        > It's a '99 F150 4x4.
        > > > Unfortunately, since it was used, I didn't have
        > a choice of engnes and it
        > > > has a 5.4 liter engine which was the largest
        > available engine for that
        > > > year. At that time I decided to bite the bullet
        > and buy it since I was
        > > > soooooooo very sick of looking at trucks and
        > liked this one and, while gas
        > > > was high, it wasn't THIS high!  It has lots of
        > power and can pass anything
        > > > but a gas station. I've never taken a mileage
        > reading because I know I
        > > > couldn't bear to know. [image: :((]
        > > >
        > > > *-=Thrak=-*
        > > >

        > >  Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

        > >   Hobby and craft

        >  Craft

        >  Hobbies
        > > and

        > email to:

        > >    -  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
        > Yahoo! Terms of
        > >    Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Dawn
        Message 3 of 24 , May 3, 2006
          So, gas went up in my area to 3.27/gal......and I hear that by
          memorial my area will be at almost 4.00/gal. THAT WILL put a damper
          on my caching. This fun sport is quickly becoming expensive.....and
          when you are living on top ramen (like yours truely), you can't
          always have the fun things you want. I guess I better get to it
          before gas go up that high.

          Firedawn

          --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, rich sasek <jesterboxer@...> wrote:

          > I'd give a gallon of gas to see that, if I could afford it.
          >
          > Shel Brabrook <s3hel@...> wrote: If your the driver, you just
          park with the passenger
          > door against a tree! That will slow them down!
          >
          > --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:
          >
          > > probably pretty funny too..s they start bailing out
          > > of the ride before it
          > > stops..
          > > deb
          > >
          > > On 5/1/06, Blonde & Dangerous
          > > <cachebox@...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I don't know about that. Carpooling for FTF could
          > > be dangerous.
          > > >
          > > > Rosemary
          > > > Blonde & Dangerous
          > > >

          > > > i guess we are going to have to start car pool
          > > caching...ride share
          > > > anyone...
          > > > debra/qattales

          > > It's a '99 F150 4x4.
          > > a choice of engnes and it
          > > available engine for that
          > > and buy it since I was
          > > liked this one and, while gas
          > > power and can pass anything
          > > reading because I know I

          > > > Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

          > > > Hobby and craft

          t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobb
          y&w3=Hobbies+and+crafts&c=3&s=69&.sig=00RpDEzaIfAh86hGxXfj9A>
          > > Craft

          t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobby&w3=Hobbie
          s+and+crafts&c=3&s=69&.sig=0p7f7qCn6KEQDnYdJK99DA>
          > > Hobbies
          > > > and

          t=ms&k=Hobbies+and+crafts&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobby&w3
          =Hobbies+and+crafts&c=3&s=69&.sig=Arc3lvqsEkCP5MPMx0CXtg>
          > > email to:

          > > > - Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
          > > Yahoo! Terms of

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

          > Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts

          Service.

          call rates.

        • EILEEN BELAN
          Message 4 of 24 , May 3, 2006
            Hmmm....maybe I'll find some people who will want to go caching with me in my diesel VW. 40+ mpg city and around 50 mpg on the highway. I'll be looking for folks who can find caches fairly fast and on long hikes might be willing to sign my name. <grinning>
            I've gone with others and we have taken their vehicles because the back seat is a little small for large adults....or, maybe it's my driving?
            Eileen...imcaver