Re: [NUTS] Gas and caching.....

  • Bill Hoke
    Message 1 of 24 , May 1, 2006
      We busted that one Saturday.A tough 4X4 drive called
      alien drive-in movie perhaps.A real good trip,Tell you
      all about this weekend.
      Bill

    • debra jaynes
      Message 2 of 24 , May 1, 2006
        i say if you can't out run them trip them....cool bill look forward to hearing about it.
        deb

        On 5/1/06, Bill Hoke < bhoke@...> wrote:
        We busted that one Saturday.A tough 4X4 drive called
        alien drive-in movie perhaps.A real good trip,Tell you
        all about this weekend.

        Bill

        --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:

        > buddy bill shotgun position is yours..looks like you
        > had a great time up in
        > nevada. you are closing in on 400 soon.
        > deb
        >
        > On 5/1/06, Bill Hoke <bhoke@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > You know that I've called shotgun. [;)]
        > > Bill
        > >

        > > --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > > i guess we are going to have to start car pool
        > > > caching...ride share
        > > > anyone...
        > > > debra/qattales

        > It's
        > > > a '99 F150 4x4.
        > have a
        > > > choice of engnes and it
        > > > available engine for that
        > bullet
        > > > and buy it since I was
        > liked
        > > > this one and, while gas
        > > > power and can pass anything
        > > > reading because I know I

        > >  Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

        > >   Hobby and craft
        >
        > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        > >

        > >    -  Visit your group "nuts_

        > >    the web.
        > >
        > >    -  To unsubscribe from this group, send an
        > email to:
        > >

        > >    -  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
        > Yahoo! Terms of

        > >    Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
        > >

        > >  ------------------------------

        Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • rich sasek
        Message 3 of 24 , May 2, 2006
          Been putting off spending the money and time to fix my bike but now it will cost less to dump a few hundred into it. Plus the weather just got GOOOOOOOOOD.
          Rich

          Thrak <thrak@...> wrote:
          I don't know about the rest of you but the price of gas has seriously impacted my caching activities. I filled up with regular at Safeway - with a 6 cent discount - and still paid $3.03 per gallon.  My truck was pretty empty but not so low that the light had come on yet. It cost $65.00.  Bleh.

          I still have a ton of Oroville caches to do as well as most of Corning, all of Orland, most of Red Bluff, all of Redding, and some still left in the Los Molinos and Tehema areas but it's getting way too expensive to just zoom out and "grab a few" anymore.  I don't know how you "mega cachers" do it.

          Anybody else slowing down due to gas prices?

          -=Thrak=-

        • rich sasek
          Message 4 of 24 , May 2, 2006
            I'd give a gallon of gas to see that, if I could afford it.

            Shel Brabrook <s3hel@...> wrote:
            If your the driver, you just park with the passenger
            door against a tree!  That will slow them down!

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Dawn
            Message 5 of 24 , May 3, 2006
              So, gas went up in my area to 3.27/gal......and I hear that by
              memorial my area will be at almost 4.00/gal. THAT WILL put a damper
              on my caching. This fun sport is quickly becoming expensive.....and
              when you are living on top ramen (like yours truely), you can't
              always have the fun things you want. I guess I better get to it
              before gas go up that high.

              Firedawn

              --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, rich sasek <jesterboxer@...> wrote:

              > I'd give a gallon of gas to see that, if I could afford it.
              >
              > Shel Brabrook <s3hel@...> wrote: If your the driver, you just
              park with the passenger
              > door against a tree! That will slow them down!
              >
              > --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:
              >
              > > probably pretty funny too..s they start bailing out
              > > of the ride before it
              > > stops..
              > > deb
              > >
              > > On 5/1/06, Blonde & Dangerous
              > > <cachebox@...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I don't know about that. Carpooling for FTF could
              > > be dangerous.
              > > >
              > > > Rosemary
              > > > Blonde & Dangerous
              > > >

              > > > i guess we are going to have to start car pool
              > > caching...ride share
              > > > anyone...
              > > > debra/qattales

              > > It's a '99 F150 4x4.
              > > a choice of engnes and it
              > > available engine for that
              > > and buy it since I was
              > > liked this one and, while gas
              > > power and can pass anything
              > > reading because I know I

              > > > Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

              > > > Hobby and craft

              t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobb
              y&w3=Hobbies+and+crafts&c=3&s=69&.sig=00RpDEzaIfAh86hGxXfj9A>
              > > Craft

              t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobby&w3=Hobbie
              s+and+crafts&c=3&s=69&.sig=0p7f7qCn6KEQDnYdJK99DA>
              > > Hobbies
              > > > and

              t=ms&k=Hobbies+and+crafts&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobby&w3
              =Hobbies+and+crafts&c=3&s=69&.sig=Arc3lvqsEkCP5MPMx0CXtg>
              > > email to:

              > > > - Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
              > > Yahoo! Terms of

              > http://mail.yahoo.com

              > Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts

              Service.

              call rates.

            • EILEEN BELAN
              Message 6 of 24 , May 3, 2006
                Hmmm....maybe I'll find some people who will want to go caching with me in my diesel VW. 40+ mpg city and around 50 mpg on the highway. I'll be looking for folks who can find caches fairly fast and on long hikes might be willing to sign my name. <grinning>
                I've gone with others and we have taken their vehicles because the back seat is a little small for large adults....or, maybe it's my driving?
                Eileen...imcaver