Re: [NUTS] Gas and caching.....

  • Bill Hoke
    Message 1 of 24 , May 1, 2006
      You know that I've called shotgun. [;)]
      Bill

      --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:

      > i guess we are going to have to start car pool
      > caching...ride share
      > anyone...
      > debra/qattales
      >

      > > *Thrak <thrak@...>* wrote:
      > >
      > > I bought my truck used a couple of years ago. It's
      > a '99 F150 4x4.
      > > Unfortunately, since it was used, I didn't have a
      > choice of engnes and it
      > > has a 5.4 liter engine which was the largest
      > available engine for that
      > > year. At that time I decided to bite the bullet
      > and buy it since I was
      > > soooooooo very sick of looking at trucks and liked
      > this one and, while gas
      > > was high, it wasn't THIS high! It has lots of
      > power and can pass anything
      > > but a gas station. I've never taken a mileage
      > reading because I know I
      > > couldn't bear to know. [image: :((]
      > >
      > > *-=Thrak=-*

    • debra jaynes
      Message 2 of 24 , May 1, 2006
        buddy bill shotgun position is yours..looks like you had a great time up in nevada. you are closing in on 400 soon.
        deb

        On 5/1/06, Bill Hoke < bhoke@...> wrote:
        You know that I've called shotgun. [;)]
        Bill

        --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:

        > i guess we are going to have to start car pool
        > caching...ride share
        > anyone...
        > debra/qattales
        >

        > > *Thrak <thrak@...>* wrote:
        > >
        > > I bought my truck used a couple of years ago. It's
        > a '99 F150 4x4.
        > > Unfortunately, since it was used, I didn't have a
        > choice of engnes and it
        > > has a 5.4 liter engine which was the largest
        > available engine for that
        > > year. At that time I decided to bite the bullet
        > and buy it since I was
        > > soooooooo very sick of looking at trucks and liked
        > this one and, while gas
        > > was high, it wasn't THIS high!  It has lots of
        > power and can pass anything
        > > but a gas station. I've never taken a mileage
        > reading because I know I
        > > couldn't bear to know. [image: :((]
        > >
        > > *-=Thrak=-*

        Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Blonde & Dangerous
        Message 3 of 24 , May 1, 2006
          I don't know about that.  Carpooling for FTF could be dangerous.

          Rosemary
          Blonde & Dangerous

          Thrak <thrak@... > wrote:
          I bought my truck used a couple of years ago. It's a '99 F150 4x4.  Unfortunately, since it was used, I didn't have a choice of engnes and it has a 5.4 liter engine which was the largest available engine for that year. At that time I decided to bite the bullet and buy it since I was soooooooo very sick of looking at trucks and liked this one and, while gas was high, it wasn't THIS high!  It has lots of power and can pass anything but a gas station. I've never taken a mileage reading because I know I couldn't bear to know. :((

          -=Thrak=-

        • debra jaynes

            Message 5 of 24 , May 1, 2006
              If your the driver, you just park with the passenger
              door against a tree! That will slow them down!

              --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:

              > probably pretty funny too..s they start bailing out
              > of the ride before it
              > stops..
              > deb
              >
              > On 5/1/06, Blonde & Dangerous
              > <cachebox@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I don't know about that. Carpooling for FTF could
              > be dangerous.
              > >
              > > Rosemary
              > > Blonde & Dangerous
              > >

              > > i guess we are going to have to start car pool
              > caching...ride share
              > > anyone...
              > > debra/qattales
              > >

              > > > *Thrak <thrak@... >* wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I bought my truck used a couple of years ago.
              > It's a '99 F150 4x4.
              > > > Unfortunately, since it was used, I didn't have
              > a choice of engnes and it
              > > > has a 5.4 liter engine which was the largest
              > available engine for that
              > > > year. At that time I decided to bite the bullet
              > and buy it since I was
              > > > soooooooo very sick of looking at trucks and
              > liked this one and, while gas
              > > > was high, it wasn't THIS high! It has lots of
              > power and can pass anything
              > > > but a gas station. I've never taken a mileage
              > reading because I know I
              > > > couldn't bear to know. [image: :((]
              > > >
              > > > *-=Thrak=-*

              > > Hobby and craft

              > Craft

              > Hobbies
              > > and

              > email to:

              > > - Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
              > Yahoo! Terms of

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Bill Hoke
              Message 6 of 24 , May 1, 2006
                We busted that one Saturday.A tough 4X4 drive called
                alien drive-in movie perhaps.A real good trip,Tell you
                all about this weekend.

              • debra jaynes
                Message 7 of 24 , May 1, 2006
                  i say if you can't out run them trip them....cool bill look forward to hearing about it.

                • rich sasek
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 2, 2006
                    Been putting off spending the money and time to fix my bike but now it will cost less to dump a few hundred into it. Plus the weather just got GOOOOOOOOOD.
                    Rich

                    Thrak <thrak@...> wrote:
                    I don't know about the rest of you but the price of gas has seriously impacted my caching activities. I filled up with regular at Safeway - with a 6 cent discount - and still paid $3.03 per gallon.  My truck was pretty empty but not so low that the light had come on yet. It cost $65.00.  Bleh.

                    I still have a ton of Oroville caches to do as well as most of Corning, all of Orland, most of Red Bluff, all of Redding, and some still left in the Los Molinos and Tehema areas but it's getting way too expensive to just zoom out and "grab a few" anymore.  I don't know how you "mega cachers" do it.

                    Anybody else slowing down due to gas prices?

                    -=Thrak=-

                  • rich sasek
                    Message 9 of 24 , May 2, 2006
                      I'd give a gallon of gas to see that, if I could afford it.

                    • Dawn
                      Message 10 of 24 , May 3, 2006
                        So, gas went up in my area to 3.27/gal......and I hear that by
                        memorial my area will be at almost 4.00/gal. THAT WILL put a damper
                        on my caching. This fun sport is quickly becoming expensive.....and
                        when you are living on top ramen (like yours truely), you can't
                        always have the fun things you want. I guess I better get to it
                        before gas go up that high.

                        Firedawn

                        --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, rich sasek <jesterboxer@...> wrote:

                        > I'd give a gallon of gas to see that, if I could afford it.
                        >
                        > Shel Brabrook <s3hel@...> wrote: If your the driver, you just
                        park with the passenger
                        > door against a tree! That will slow them down!
                        >
                        > --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > probably pretty funny too..s they start bailing out
                        > > of the ride before it
                        > > stops..
                        > > deb
                        > >
                        > > On 5/1/06, Blonde & Dangerous
                        > > <cachebox@...> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > I don't know about that. Carpooling for FTF could
                        > > be dangerous.
                        > > >
                        > > > Rosemary
                        > > > Blonde & Dangerous
                        > > >

                        > > > i guess we are going to have to start car pool
                        > > caching...ride share
                        > > > anyone...
                        > > > debra/qattales

                        > > It's a '99 F150 4x4.
                        > > a choice of engnes and it
                        > > available engine for that
                        > > and buy it since I was
                        > > liked this one and, while gas
                        > > power and can pass anything
                        > > reading because I know I

                        > > > Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

                        > > > Hobby and craft

                        t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobb
                        y&w3=Hobbies+and+crafts&c=3&s=69&.sig=00RpDEzaIfAh86hGxXfj9A>
                        > > Craft

                        t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobby&w3=Hobbie
                        s+and+crafts&c=3&s=69&.sig=0p7f7qCn6KEQDnYdJK99DA>
                        > > Hobbies
                        > > > and

                        t=ms&k=Hobbies+and+crafts&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobby&w3
                        =Hobbies+and+crafts&c=3&s=69&.sig=Arc3lvqsEkCP5MPMx0CXtg>
                        > > email to:

                        > > > - Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
                        > > Yahoo! Terms of

                        > http://mail.yahoo.com

                        > Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts

                        Service.

                        call rates.

                      • EILEEN BELAN
                        Message 11 of 24 , May 3, 2006
                          Hmmm....maybe I'll find some people who will want to go caching with me in my diesel VW. 40+ mpg city and around 50 mpg on the highway. I'll be looking for folks who can find caches fairly fast and on long hikes might be willing to sign my name. <grinning>
                          I've gone with others and we have taken their vehicles because the back seat is a little small for large adults....or, maybe it's my driving?
                          Eileen...imcaver