Re: [NUTS] Gas and caching.....

  • Thrak
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 30, 2006
      Man that is a drag. I know there are scummy people around but you always hope they spend more time preying on each other than on the good folks. I can remember when this type of thing was extremely rare - actually pretty much non-esistant - in Chico.  Now stuff like this happens all the time.  I soooooooo very much miss the way Chico used to be. It used to be that I  never locked my house or my car - now I lock everything and still worry.

      At least I now live on a nice street with neighbors like Bobolu and never have to worry that my neighbors will steal from me. The folks on this street are A#1 and all try to look out for one another.

      -=Thrak=-

      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Daugherty" <daughertydev@...> wrote:

      > We went out to dinner the other night at a nice restaurant just after topping off our Tahoe and some son of a %$#@^ cut our gas filler hose to bipass the anti-siphon valve and drained us almost dry. When we attempted to add gas to our tank we discovered the hole in the filler hose after spilling gas all over the ground.
      > Daugpack

    • Bill Hoke
      Message 2 of 24 , May 1, 2006
        You know that I've called shotgun. [;)]
        Bill

        --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:

        > i guess we are going to have to start car pool
        > caching...ride share
        > anyone...
        > debra/qattales
        >

        > > *Thrak <thrak@...>* wrote:
        > >
        > > I bought my truck used a couple of years ago. It's
        > a '99 F150 4x4.
        > > Unfortunately, since it was used, I didn't have a
        > choice of engnes and it
        > > has a 5.4 liter engine which was the largest
        > available engine for that
        > > year. At that time I decided to bite the bullet
        > and buy it since I was
        > > soooooooo very sick of looking at trucks and liked
        > this one and, while gas
        > > was high, it wasn't THIS high! It has lots of
        > power and can pass anything
        > > but a gas station. I've never taken a mileage
        > reading because I know I
        > > couldn't bear to know. [image: :((]
        > >
        > > *-=Thrak=-*

      • debra jaynes
        Message 3 of 24 , May 1, 2006
          buddy bill shotgun position is yours..looks like you had a great time up in nevada. you are closing in on 400 soon.
          deb

          On 5/1/06, Bill Hoke < bhoke@...> wrote:
          You know that I've called shotgun. [;)]
          Bill

          --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:

          > i guess we are going to have to start car pool
          > caching...ride share
          > anyone...
          > debra/qattales
          >

          > > *Thrak <thrak@...>* wrote:
          > >
          > > I bought my truck used a couple of years ago. It's
          > a '99 F150 4x4.
          > > Unfortunately, since it was used, I didn't have a
          > choice of engnes and it
          > > has a 5.4 liter engine which was the largest
          > available engine for that
          > > year. At that time I decided to bite the bullet
          > and buy it since I was
          > > soooooooo very sick of looking at trucks and liked
          > this one and, while gas
          > > was high, it wasn't THIS high!  It has lots of
          > power and can pass anything
          > > but a gas station. I've never taken a mileage
          > reading because I know I
          > > couldn't bear to know. [image: :((]
          > >
          > > *-=Thrak=-*

          Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • Blonde & Dangerous

              Message 6 of 24 , May 1, 2006
                If your the driver, you just park with the passenger
                door against a tree! That will slow them down!

                --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:

                > probably pretty funny too..s they start bailing out
                > of the ride before it
                > stops..
                > deb
                >
                > On 5/1/06, Blonde & Dangerous
                > <cachebox@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > I don't know about that. Carpooling for FTF could
                > be dangerous.
                > >
                > > Rosemary
                > > Blonde & Dangerous
                > >

                > > i guess we are going to have to start car pool
                > caching...ride share
                > > anyone...
                > > debra/qattales
                > >

                > > > *Thrak <thrak@... >* wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I bought my truck used a couple of years ago.
                > It's a '99 F150 4x4.
                > > > Unfortunately, since it was used, I didn't have
                > a choice of engnes and it
                > > > has a 5.4 liter engine which was the largest
                > available engine for that
                > > > year. At that time I decided to bite the bullet
                > and buy it since I was
                > > > soooooooo very sick of looking at trucks and
                > liked this one and, while gas
                > > > was high, it wasn't THIS high! It has lots of
                > power and can pass anything
                > > > but a gas station. I've never taken a mileage
                > reading because I know I
                > > > couldn't bear to know. [image: :((]
                > > >
                > > > *-=Thrak=-*

                > > Hobby and craft

                > Craft

                > Hobbies
                > > and

                > email to:

                > > - Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
                > Yahoo! Terms of

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Bill Hoke
                Message 7 of 24 , May 1, 2006
                  We busted that one Saturday.A tough 4X4 drive called
                  alien drive-in movie perhaps.A real good trip,Tell you
                  all about this weekend.

                • debra jaynes
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 1, 2006
                    i say if you can't out run them trip them....cool bill look forward to hearing about it.

                  • rich sasek

                      Message 10 of 24 , May 2, 2006
                        I'd give a gallon of gas to see that, if I could afford it.

                      • Dawn
                        Message 11 of 24 , May 3, 2006
                          So, gas went up in my area to 3.27/gal......and I hear that by
                          memorial my area will be at almost 4.00/gal. THAT WILL put a damper
                          on my caching. This fun sport is quickly becoming expensive.....and
                          when you are living on top ramen (like yours truely), you can't
                          always have the fun things you want. I guess I better get to it
                          before gas go up that high.

                          Firedawn

                          --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, rich sasek <jesterboxer@...> wrote:

                          > I'd give a gallon of gas to see that, if I could afford it.
                          >
                          > Shel Brabrook <s3hel@...> wrote: If your the driver, you just
                          park with the passenger
                          > door against a tree! That will slow them down!
                          >
                          > --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > probably pretty funny too..s they start bailing out
                          > > of the ride before it
                          > > stops..
                          > > deb
                          > >
                          > > On 5/1/06, Blonde & Dangerous
                          > > <cachebox@...> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > I don't know about that. Carpooling for FTF could
                          > > be dangerous.
                          > > >
                          > > > Rosemary
                          > > > Blonde & Dangerous
                          > > >

                          > > > i guess we are going to have to start car pool
                          > > caching...ride share
                          > > > anyone...
                          > > > debra/qattales

                          > > It's a '99 F150 4x4.
                          > > a choice of engnes and it
                          > > available engine for that
                          > > and buy it since I was
                          > > liked this one and, while gas
                          > > power and can pass anything
                          > > reading because I know I

                          > > > Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

                          > > > Hobby and craft

                          t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobb
                          y&w3=Hobbies+and+crafts&c=3&s=69&.sig=00RpDEzaIfAh86hGxXfj9A>
                          > > Craft

                          t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobby&w3=Hobbie
                          s+and+crafts&c=3&s=69&.sig=0p7f7qCn6KEQDnYdJK99DA>
                          > > Hobbies
                          > > > and

                          t=ms&k=Hobbies+and+crafts&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobby&w3
                          =Hobbies+and+crafts&c=3&s=69&.sig=Arc3lvqsEkCP5MPMx0CXtg>
                          > > email to:

                          > > > - Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
                          > > Yahoo! Terms of

                          > http://mail.yahoo.com

                          > Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts

                          Service.

                          call rates.

                        • EILEEN BELAN
                          Message 12 of 24 , May 3, 2006
                            Hmmm....maybe I'll find some people who will want to go caching with me in my diesel VW. 40+ mpg city and around 50 mpg on the highway. I'll be looking for folks who can find caches fairly fast and on long hikes might be willing to sign my name. <grinning>
                            I've gone with others and we have taken their vehicles because the back seat is a little small for large adults....or, maybe it's my driving?
                            Eileen...imcaver