Gas and caching.....

  • Thrak
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 29 9:07 AM
      I don't know about the rest of you but the price of gas has seriously impacted my caching activities. I filled up with regular at Safeway - with a 6 cent discount - and still paid $3.03 per gallon.  My truck was pretty empty but not so low that the light had come on yet. It cost $65.00.  Bleh.

      I still have a ton of Oroville caches to do as well as most of Corning, all of Orland, most of Red Bluff, all of Redding, and some still left in the Los Molinos and Tehema areas but it's getting way too expensive to just zoom out and "grab a few" anymore.  I don't know how you "mega cachers" do it.

      Anybody else slowing down due to gas prices?

      -=Thrak=-
    • dawn mateo

          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 29 6:06 PM
            K...make that $3.19/gal....gas went up $.04 since I first posted that.....grrrr

            Thrak <thrak@...> wrote:
            I don't know about the rest of you but the price of gas has seriously impacted my caching activities. I filled up with regular at Safeway - with a 6 cent discount - and still paid $3.03 per gallon.  My truck was pretty empty but not so low that the light had come on yet. It cost $65.00.  Bleh.

            I still have a ton of Oroville caches to do as well as most of Corning, all of Orland, most of Red Bluff, all of Redding, and some still left in the Los Molinos and Tehema areas but it's getting way too expensive to just zoom out and "grab a few" anymore.  I don't know how you "mega cachers" do it.

            Anybody else slowing down due to gas prices?

            -=Thrak=-

            Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts

          • Thrak
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 29 7:14 PM
              I bought my truck used a couple of years ago. It's a '99 F150 4x4.  Unfortunately, since it was used, I didn't have a choice of engnes and it has a 5.4 liter engine which was the largest available engine for that year. At that time I decided to bite the bullet and buy it since I was soooooooo very sick of looking at trucks and liked this one and, while gas was high, it wasn't THIS high!  It has lots of power and can pass anything but a gas station. I've never taken a mileage reading because I know I couldn't bear to know. :((

              -=Thrak=-

              --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, dawn mateo <emsdawn21@...> wrote:

              > K...make that $3.19/gal....gas went up $.04 since I first posted that.....grrrr
              >
              > dawn mateo emsdawn21@... wrote: I know I will probably slow down....Up here in Susanville gas is $3.15/gal. I'm still going to do caching, but just not as much. I'll be making like 1 day trip and cramming as many caches in as possible. Oh well.
              >
              > FireDawn
              >
              > Thrak thrak@... wrote: I don't know about the rest of you but the price of gas has seriously impacted my caching activities. I filled up with regular at Safeway - with a 6 cent discount - and still paid $3.03 per gallon. My truck was pretty empty but not so low that the light had come on yet. It cost $65.00. Bleh.
              >
              > I still have a ton of Oroville caches to do as well as most of Corning, all of Orland, most of Red Bluff, all of Redding, and some still left in the Los Molinos and Tehema areas but it's getting way too expensive to just zoom out and "grab a few" anymore. I don't know how you "mega cachers" do it.
              >
              > Anybody else slowing down due to gas prices?
              >
              > -=Thrak=-
              >

              > ---------------------------------
              > Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2�/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

              > Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts

              > ---------------------------------
              >

              > ---------------------------------
              > How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

            • Susan Conlon
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 29 10:04 PM
                For those of you that came over to Santa Rosa for the Fo'Paws event...
                the 76 station by my house was $3.25 today while Rotten Robbie is $3.19.
                Glad we did the event when we did!
                ~Dragongirl~

                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 30 9:07 PM
                    We went out to dinner the other night at a nice restaurant just after topping off our Tahoe and some son of a %$#@^ cut our gas filler hose to bipass the anti-siphon valve and drained us almost dry.  When we attempted to add gas to our tank we discovered the hole in the filler hose after spilling gas all over the ground.
                    Daugpack

                    Thrak <thrak@...> wrote:
                    I don't know about the rest of you but the price of gas has seriously impacted my caching activities. I filled up with regular at Safeway - with a 6 cent discount - and still paid $3.03 per gallon.  My truck was pretty empty but not so low that the light had come on yet. It cost $65.00.  Bleh.

                    I still have a ton of Oroville caches to do as well as most of Corning, all of Orland, most of Red Bluff, all of Redding, and some still left in the Los Molinos and Tehema areas but it's getting way too expensive to just zoom out and "grab a few" anymore.  I don't know how you "mega cachers" do it.

                    Anybody else slowing down due to gas prices?

                    -=Thrak=-

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 30 9:30 PM
                      Sounds like a hanging offense to us!! That really sucks (and hope they got a mouth full)!! R&C

                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 30 10:01 PM
                        19.5!!!!  OMG I wish I got that. The reason I've never taken a mileage reading is that I suspect I'm getting 11 - 14 mpg. Now you can see why I really don't want to know for sure. :O

                        -=Thrak=-

                        --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, <redhawk2853@...> wrote:

                        > Well, we get 19.5 with the 4Runner. We may starve but we'll keep buying that #@&*^ gas for caching! R&C

                      • debra jaynes
                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 30 10:05 PM
                          i guess we are going to have to start car pool caching...ride share anyone...
                          debra/qattales

                          Message 12 of 24 , Apr 30 10:07 PM
                            that really really sucks...i am sorry to hear that.
                            debra

                            Message 13 of 24 , Apr 30 10:08 PM
                              Man that is a drag. I know there are scummy people around but you always hope they spend more time preying on each other than on the good folks. I can remember when this type of thing was extremely rare - actually pretty much non-esistant - in Chico.  Now stuff like this happens all the time.  I soooooooo very much miss the way Chico used to be. It used to be that I  never locked my house or my car - now I lock everything and still worry.

                              At least I now live on a nice street with neighbors like Bobolu and never have to worry that my neighbors will steal from me. The folks on this street are A#1 and all try to look out for one another.

                              -=Thrak=-

                              --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Daugherty" <daughertydev@...> wrote:

                              > We went out to dinner the other night at a nice restaurant just after topping off our Tahoe and some son of a %$#@^ cut our gas filler hose to bipass the anti-siphon valve and drained us almost dry. When we attempted to add gas to our tank we discovered the hole in the filler hose after spilling gas all over the ground.
                              > Daugpack

                            • Bill Hoke
                              Message 14 of 24 , May 1, 2006
                                You know that I've called shotgun. [;)]
                                Bill

                                --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:

                                > i guess we are going to have to start car pool
                                > caching...ride share
                                > anyone...
                                > debra/qattales
                                >

                                > > *Thrak <thrak@...>* wrote:
                                > >
                                > > I bought my truck used a couple of years ago. It's
                                > a '99 F150 4x4.
                                > > Unfortunately, since it was used, I didn't have a
                                > choice of engnes and it
                                > > has a 5.4 liter engine which was the largest
                                > available engine for that
                                > > year. At that time I decided to bite the bullet
                                > and buy it since I was
                                > > soooooooo very sick of looking at trucks and liked
                                > this one and, while gas
                                > > was high, it wasn't THIS high! It has lots of
                                > power and can pass anything
                                > > but a gas station. I've never taken a mileage
                                > reading because I know I
                                > > couldn't bear to know. [image: :((]
                                > >
                                > > *-=Thrak=-*

                              • debra jaynes
                                Message 15 of 24 , May 1, 2006
                                  buddy bill shotgun position is yours..looks like you had a great time up in nevada. you are closing in on 400 soon.
                                  deb

                                  On 5/1/06, Bill Hoke < bhoke@...> wrote:
                                  You know that I've called shotgun. [;)]
                                  Bill

                                  --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:

                                  > i guess we are going to have to start car pool
                                  > caching...ride share
                                  > anyone...
                                  > debra/qattales
                                  >

                                  > > *Thrak <thrak@...>* wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > I bought my truck used a couple of years ago. It's
                                  > a '99 F150 4x4.
                                  > > Unfortunately, since it was used, I didn't have a
                                  > choice of engnes and it
                                  > > has a 5.4 liter engine which was the largest
                                  > available engine for that
                                  > > year. At that time I decided to bite the bullet
                                  > and buy it since I was
                                  > > soooooooo very sick of looking at trucks and liked
                                  > this one and, while gas
                                  > > was high, it wasn't THIS high!  It has lots of
                                  > power and can pass anything
                                  > > but a gas station. I've never taken a mileage
                                  > reading because I know I
                                  > > couldn't bear to know. [image: :((]
                                  > >
                                  > > *-=Thrak=-*

                                  Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts

                                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                • Blonde & Dangerous

                                      Message 18 of 24 , May 1, 2006
                                        If your the driver, you just park with the passenger
                                        door against a tree! That will slow them down!

                                        --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:

                                        > probably pretty funny too..s they start bailing out
                                        > of the ride before it
                                        > stops..
                                        > deb
                                        >
                                        > On 5/1/06, Blonde & Dangerous
                                        > <cachebox@...> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > I don't know about that. Carpooling for FTF could
                                        > be dangerous.
                                        > >
                                        > > Rosemary
                                        > > Blonde & Dangerous
                                        > >

                                        > > i guess we are going to have to start car pool
                                        > caching...ride share
                                        > > anyone...
                                        > > debra/qattales
                                        > >

                                        > > > *Thrak <thrak@... >* wrote:
                                        > > >
                                        > > > I bought my truck used a couple of years ago.
                                        > It's a '99 F150 4x4.
                                        > > > Unfortunately, since it was used, I didn't have
                                        > a choice of engnes and it
                                        > > > has a 5.4 liter engine which was the largest
                                        > available engine for that
                                        > > > year. At that time I decided to bite the bullet
                                        > and buy it since I was
                                        > > > soooooooo very sick of looking at trucks and
                                        > liked this one and, while gas
                                        > > > was high, it wasn't THIS high! It has lots of
                                        > power and can pass anything
                                        > > > but a gas station. I've never taken a mileage
                                        > reading because I know I
                                        > > > couldn't bear to know. [image: :((]
                                        > > >
                                        > > > *-=Thrak=-*

                                        > > Hobby and craft

                                        > Craft

                                        > Hobbies
                                        > > and

                                        > email to:

                                        > > - Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
                                        > Yahoo! Terms of

                                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                                      • Bill Hoke
                                        Message 19 of 24 , May 1, 2006
                                          We busted that one Saturday.A tough 4X4 drive called
                                          alien drive-in movie perhaps.A real good trip,Tell you
                                          all about this weekend.

                                        • debra jaynes
                                          Message 20 of 24 , May 1, 2006
                                            i say if you can't out run them trip them....cool bill look forward to hearing about it.

                                          • rich sasek

                                              Message 22 of 24 , May 2, 2006
                                                I'd give a gallon of gas to see that, if I could afford it.

                                              • Dawn
                                                Message 23 of 24 , May 3, 2006
                                                  So, gas went up in my area to 3.27/gal......and I hear that by
                                                  memorial my area will be at almost 4.00/gal. THAT WILL put a damper
                                                  on my caching. This fun sport is quickly becoming expensive.....and
                                                  when you are living on top ramen (like yours truely), you can't
                                                  always have the fun things you want. I guess I better get to it
                                                  before gas go up that high.

                                                  Firedawn

                                                  --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, rich sasek <jesterboxer@...> wrote:

                                                  > I'd give a gallon of gas to see that, if I could afford it.
                                                  >
                                                  > Shel Brabrook <s3hel@...> wrote: If your the driver, you just
                                                  park with the passenger
                                                  > door against a tree! That will slow them down!
                                                  >
                                                  > --- debra jaynes <qattales@...> wrote:
                                                  >
                                                  > > probably pretty funny too..s they start bailing out
                                                  > > of the ride before it
                                                  > > stops..
                                                  > > deb
                                                  > >
                                                  > > On 5/1/06, Blonde & Dangerous
                                                  > > <cachebox@...> wrote:
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > I don't know about that. Carpooling for FTF could
                                                  > > be dangerous.
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > Rosemary
                                                  > > > Blonde & Dangerous
                                                  > > >

                                                  > > > i guess we are going to have to start car pool
                                                  > > caching...ride share
                                                  > > > anyone...
                                                  > > > debra/qattales

                                                  > > It's a '99 F150 4x4.
                                                  > > a choice of engnes and it
                                                  > > available engine for that
                                                  > > and buy it since I was
                                                  > > liked this one and, while gas
                                                  > > power and can pass anything
                                                  > > reading because I know I

                                                  > > > Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

                                                  > > > Hobby and craft

                                                  t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobb
                                                  y&w3=Hobbies+and+crafts&c=3&s=69&.sig=00RpDEzaIfAh86hGxXfj9A>
                                                  > > Craft

                                                  t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobby&w3=Hobbie
                                                  s+and+crafts&c=3&s=69&.sig=0p7f7qCn6KEQDnYdJK99DA>
                                                  > > Hobbies
                                                  > > > and

                                                  t=ms&k=Hobbies+and+crafts&w1=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w2=Craft+hobby&w3
                                                  =Hobbies+and+crafts&c=3&s=69&.sig=Arc3lvqsEkCP5MPMx0CXtg>
                                                  > > email to:

                                                  > > > - Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
                                                  > > Yahoo! Terms of

                                                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                                  > Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts

                                                  Service.

                                                  call rates.

                                                • EILEEN BELAN
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , May 3, 2006
                                                    Hmmm....maybe I'll find some people who will want to go caching with me in my diesel VW. 40+ mpg city and around 50 mpg on the highway. I'll be looking for folks who can find caches fairly fast and on long hikes might be willing to sign my name. <grinning>
                                                    I've gone with others and we have taken their vehicles because the back seat is a little small for large adults....or, maybe it's my driving?
                                                    Eileen...imcaver