Re: [NUTS] Re: Hwy 70 4x4 swimming hole & Edgar Allen

  • Jack Warson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2006
      To get to Edgar you leave hwy 70 at Big Bend road then take Bardees Bar road. The road has a slip out about 0.5 miles in but it is passable with a 4X4. It has only slipped down about 10' and still could be unstable. Just a heads up. To get to 4x4 from the same Bardee Bar road after you go down to the Poe power bridge you need to come back up and take a road (Bardee Bar road) to the east but it is a long drive in and I have heard that there was a pipe washed out some place close to the cache site but have not been there yet. You can also get the 4x4 cache from Hwy 70 but it is also a 4x4 road that drops down from Hwy 70. I have heard that you may need to use LOW to go down but I haven't done it yet.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2006
        There will be one in CA before the rally too, but it's not been
        finalized yet.

        On Jun 1, 2006, at 9:11 PM, Jack Warson wrote:

        > Well Gary how was the rally skool over in Nevada this last weekend.
        > Was it
        > worth going over to it or not. They are going to have another one
        > on May 21.
        > With our tight weekend schedule we would have to drive over and
        > back on the
        > same day so we can make back to work on Monday. I just wanted to
        > know what
        > you learned: Driving skills, GPSr skills and navigational options??
        > With the
        > gas prices' going up every day and the long drive in your opinion
        > is it
        > worth it. Thanks for your help and maybe if we do this we could
        > keep up
        > with your dust. Jack
        >

        > Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Bryan Wright
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2006
          Uh Jenn, does that mean you're volunteering to do it? :-) :-)

          (Unless Jenn answers "yes" to the above question, what she meant to say is
          that SKWERL is *investigating the possibility* of doing a Rally School in
          CA. It would depend on a sufficient level of interest, his schedule and an
          appropriate location :-) :-) )

          I think there's another message that just went out a few minutes ago on the
          subject ;-)

          The SKWERL