Re: [NUTS] Hwy 70 4x4 swimming hole & Edgar Allen

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2006
      Hmmm didn't get this email from BluCruz yet, but think I can answer for you. Those are accessed from Highway 70 off Big Bar road and down toward Poe power house for Edgar... and a fork half way up the hill leads to 4X4 (about 8 miles in on a road that may or may not be passable yet this year due to the rains. There is one spot with a slowly receding washout and a several hundred foot drop on the way in. One of these days it wont be passable. Love the area down there, though. And if you need a guide (got Poe, haven't got 4X4 Swimming hole)... let me know if the timing works out that it. Oh, yeah, Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY! (and the occasional pot grower or rattler). I always pack when I go in there!!! Rock