Re: Cachers in Lake, Mendocino, or Sonoma Counties?

  • George
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 15, 2006
      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "geocache_jim" <jimlogg@...> wrote:

      > I'm new to geocaching and live in Ukiah. I see from your profiles that
      > most of you live in Sacramento, Oroville or Chico. Are any of you
      > closer to Ukiah (Mendocino County)?
      >
      > I can't wait to get out there and find some caches. If only the rain
      > would stop. :)
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Jim

      Hey, Jim - I'm another one of those that live in eastern California
      (at least it's east of where you are) but I have family in Santa Rosa
      and friends in Mendocino and I've done some geocaching in that region.
      Why not make a weekend of it and drive over those dirt mounds between
      you and Yuba County for the N.U.T.S. event on May 6th? We've got some
      reasonably priced motel space in Grass Valley. If you happen to be a
      member of BPOE and have an RV, the Nevada City Lodge has RV parking
      space available to members. There's also RV camping facilities at the
      Nevada County Fair Grounds. There isn't a N.U.T. that wouldn't be
      happy to meet you and we might even be able to work out a joint
      geocaching day on the Yuba County Plains half-way point with y'all
      when the weather warms up.
      Hope to meet ya on May 6.