Re: [NUTS] Anyone? (GCE8D4)

  • nelson143@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
      I emailed the owner, asking him to update the coordinates.
      I imagine that's why traveling caches are not approved anymore. It would be a lot of work changing coordinates after every hop. If you rely on people to read the logs to get the new coordinates, things can get confusing.
      Ed
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
        > I emailed the owner, asking him to update the coordinates.
        > I imagine that's why traveling caches are not approved anymore. It
        > would be a lot of work changing coordinates after every hop.

        That's one reason. The primary reason is that moving caches were getting placed in
        locations where caches are not allowed. National Parks, railroad crossings, etc.

        I've updated the coords to be current at this point. The cache owner is still active. I'll
        lean on him a bit to keep this updated.

        Lil Devil
        aka Hemlock
      • lildevil@gpxspinner.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
          I just remembered a 3rd reason. Locations tend to get overly trashed from
          geocachers searching for a cache that is no longer there.
          I encourage those that move a traveling cache to leave some sort of marker at the
          old location, such as a teepee of sticks, so that future seekers will know the cache is
          gone.

          > > I imagine that's why traveling caches are not approved anymore. It
          > > would be a lot of work changing coordinates after every hop.
          >
          > That's one reason. The primary reason is that moving caches were
          > getting placed in locations where caches are not allowed. National
          > Parks, railroad crossings, etc.
        • Jenn Oates
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
            And when Hemlock leans on you...

            heheheh.

            --- lildevil@... wrote:

            ---------------------------------
            > I emailed the owner, asking him to update the
            coordinates.
            > I imagine that's why traveling caches are not
            approved anymore. It
            > would be a lot of work changing coordinates after
            every hop.

            That's one reason. The primary reason is that moving
            caches were getting placed in
            locations where caches are not allowed. National
            Parks, railroad crossings, etc.

            I've updated the coords to be current at this point.
            The cache owner is still active. I'll
            lean on him a bit to keep this updated.

            Lil Devil
            aka Hemlock