Re: [NUTS] Spenceville CITO

  • Pat or Bert Hall
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
      Great idea Chaz.  Spencevill is such a large area you might want to divide it into geographical segments with a final location for a big picnic get together.  I don't have a clue on how to organize a CITO, but you can count on me for some grunt work.
      Tanky

      Hello everyone,

      I've been doing quite a bit of caching in the Spenceville area as of
      late and enjoying it immensely.
      Problem is while I'm seeing more of the area I'm also seeing how a lot
      of people are trying to turn it in to a dump.
      I know it is a larger area but after doing some research on CITO's I
      think it's a do-able thing.
      But I'm just unsure of how to go about doing it…
      Is there anyone willing to help a guy out?

      Chaz

    • Michael Daugherty
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
        Count in Daugpack too!
        Great idea Chaz.  Spencevill is such a large area you might want to divide it into geographical segments with a final location for a big picnic get together.  I don't have a clue on how to organize a CITO, but you can count on me for some grunt work.
        Tanky

        Hello everyone,

        I've been doing quite a bit of caching in the Spenceville area as of
        late and enjoying it immensely.
        Problem is while I'm seeing more of the area I'm also seeing how a lot
        of people are trying to turn it in to a dump.
        I know it is a larger area but after doing some research on CITO's I
        think it's a do-able thing.
        But I'm just unsure of how to go about doing it…
        Is there anyone willing to help a guy out?

        Chaz

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
          We'd be happy to help Chaz. #1). Please, DON'T bite off more than WE can chew! Spenceville Wildlife Area is huge! Pick a favorite (or most needy area), or a mile or two chunk of road, and focus the attention there. #2) You might check with that county's (Yuba/Nevada?) Public Works, or the road side clean up folks, or maybe the local dump to see if we could haul it in for free or discount. #3). You need lots of bags, grabbers, gloves, maybe bright vests, some of the above folks might be able to help with that. Also, wenches (no not THAT kind!), or other lifting rigs might be needed. #4). You also have to have a plan to have it carried away, otherwise the litter just gets focused in one spot. #5). Read the info on CITOs at geocaching.com and follow the lead there. #6). Make sure it's planned and the page is put up AT LEAST two weeks before the date planned (or it won't happen...unless you beg pathetically... and even then it's NOT likely to happen!!). #7). Be nice to have an EMT out there, too. :o) It's a ways from help and if your talking Spring, we could have snake (already seen out there this year), ticks, who knows what troubles (everyone got there tetanus shot?). Those of us with trucks can help with hauling away too. #8). BTW, might be good to check with those who oversee the Spenceville Wildlife area too, so they know what's up, and can approve the efforts, and won't think we're bringing... instead of taking!! ;o)  They also may require a release to be signed by those involved incase... (see #&. above)! We have a bunch of great cacher/trash haulers who would be happy to chip in. #9). Always good to feed and water the troops, so we can help with funds for that too. #10). Last but not least, be sure to contact our publicity person, Mrs. $Jester in plenty of time, so the media can get involved.  So really, it's a piece of cake, really it is!! :o) More questions, contact us at redhawk2853@...   Great idea, Rock&Crystal

          I've been doing quite a bit of caching in the Spenceville area as of
          late and enjoying it immensely.
          Problem is while I'm seeing more of the area I'm also seeing how a lot
          of people are trying to turn it in to a dump.
          I know it is a larger area but after doing some research on CITO's I
          think it's a do-able thing.
          But I'm just unsure of how to go about doing it…
          Is there anyone willing to help a guy out?

          Chaz

          Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!
          Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://groupsyahoo.com/group/nuts_/

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
            I believe Spenceville is BLM land so may need to contact them for advice/approval.
            Mike

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
              Count TRAKD in (well, at least T from TRAKD).

              Last year I had a blast... and I even got to "SHOW" off some of my "STUFF" during the CITO event.  Hopefully this year my pants will not be as Air Conditioned as last year.

              Cheers

              Count in Daugpack too!
              Great idea Chaz.  Spencevill is such a large area you might want to divide it into geographical segments with a final location for a big picnic get together.  I don't have a clue on how to organize a CITO, but you can count on me for some grunt work.
              Tanky

              Hello everyone,

              I've been doing quite a bit of caching in the Spenceville area as of
              late and enjoying it immensely.
              Problem is while I'm seeing more of the area I'm also seeing how a lot
              of people are trying to turn it in to a dump.
              I know it is a larger area but after doing some research on CITO's I
              think it's a do-able thing.
              But I'm just unsure of how to go about doing it…
              Is there anyone willing to help a guy out?

              Chaz

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.

              Yahoo! Mail

            • Bill Hoke