Re: [NUTS] Where do you rank?

    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 27, 2006
      Would hate to cast disparaging remarks upon fellow cachers, there's too much of that out there, already! :o(  I think folks have different ideas of the importance of the numbers and since it clearly is "NOT about the numbers" to most folks, should anyone really care how numbers are achieved... other than the cacher himself or herself?  Sounds like some anger on the parts of those who did the cache toward the cache owner... for good reason.  For some of us who have been contacted by various individuals (police and others), a few extra smileys for the experience might not be a bad idea. How about 15 smileys for a shake down or threat of jail? I don't know... rhetorical question! I should ask Crystal how many smileys she felt she deserved in Oregon last Oct. when she fell on her butt near a cache and spent 4 hours in ER and also had a mild concussion... all she wanted was to make sure we found the *$#@ cache!   Go figure!  I think the crown will fall shortly to Team Alamo and then he'll have the target on his back. Never heard anything negative there... 'cept maybe he's driven, (and what's wrong with that)! (Oh yeah... and he finds grenades near caches... tremble!!)...  :oO  Rock

      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 27, 2006
        Hey Rock, ya already got one smiley from Officer Mitchell...extra smilies are waaaay too expensive :P

        Ed
        TB&TB

        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 27, 2006
          On Saturday, just before the NUTS event, I cracked the #615 mark. Of
          course, with a few days of rain and activity, I'll probably be back down in
          the 700's very soon!

          BTW....how dare you say I am 'rank' ;-) !

          ErSamin

[...]

          http://mail2web.com/ .
        • EILEEN BELAN
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 27, 2006
            I have accidently logged a cache more than once and I thought it only gave me credit for once. I checked CCCoopers caches for November 30, 2005 and it only showed credit for one find on that particular cache.
            I have a couple of experiences with high number cachers but I certainly agree with Rock that we don't want to make this site a place to trash fellow cachers. There are so many more of us who actually take the time try to fix a cache if needed, or hide them back better than they were hidden before.
            Eileen...

          • dawn mateo
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 27, 2006
              Hey Rock...your new friend looks oh so happy.

              nelson143 <nelson143@...> wrote:
              Hey Rock, ya already got one smiley from Officer Mitchell...extra smilies are waaaay too expensive :P

              Ed
              TB&TB

              <snip> For some of us who have been contacted by various individuals (police and others), a few extra smileys for the experience might not be a bad idea. How about 15 smileys for a shake down or threat of jail? I don't know... rhetorical question! <snip>  :oO  Rock

              Yahoo! Mail

            • Thrak
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 27, 2006
                If you would like to check YOUR own standing the list is here:  All cachers with200 or more finds

                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 27, 2006
                  Geez Ed, thanks!! LOL Just over a year and the trauma scars were almost healed and then you bring this up, ouch! LOL Other than the micro that ended up with Crystal in the ER for four hours, guess this was our most expensive cache find so far. The irony was having  Ed's TB on the dash which a toy police car that wanted to "hurry from cache to cache"...  Just doin' what was asked! Only wish we could have gotten a photo of Officer Smiley and the TB, but think we were pushing it as it was. Think I saw somewhere that we came in third place in the world on that one, so two others were going faster than us!! (Couldn't read it all 'cause it was a ferin language)! Wish I'd thought about adding a couple of extra smileys for the pocket pain and humiliation... should be good for what... 10 or 12! LOL   :o)  Rock
                  Hey Rock, ya already got one smiley from Officer Mitchell...extra smilies are waaaay too expensive :P

                  Ed
                  TB&TB

                  <snip> For some of us who have been contacted by various individuals (police and others), a few extra smileys for the experience might not be a bad idea. How about 15 smileys for a shake down or threat of jail? I don't know... rhetorical question! <snip>  :oO  Rock
                • Warren Harding
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 27, 2006

                    So...How many caches over 4000 do I have to get to be ranked 47th?

                    47Dad47 (I'm almost there!)

                    From: "Thrak" <thrak@...>
                    To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: [NUTS] Re: Where do you rank?
                    Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:57:01 -0000

                    If you would like to check YOUR own standing the list is here:  All cachers with200 or more finds

                    --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Escapades <escapades4cache@...> wrote:

                    > Where do you rank?
                    >
                    > If you have found 200 caches you rank around #11,000 in the world in total finds.
                    > 300 caches found around # 7,000 in the world
                    > 400 caches found around # 4,750 in the world.
                    > 500 caches found around # 3,750 in the world
                    > 600 caches found around # 2,750 in the world
                    > 700 caches found around # 2,125 in the world
                    > 800 caches found around # 1,715 in the world
                    > 900 caches found around # 1,425 in the world
                    > 1,000 caches found around # 1,220 in the world
                    > 1,100 caches found around # 1,020 in the world
                    > 1,200 caches found around # 842 in the world
                    > 1,300 caches found around # 710 in the world
                    > 1,400 caches found around # 615 in the world
                    > 1,500 caches found around # 526 in the world
                    > 1,750 caches found around # 385 in the world
                    > 2,000 caches found # 297 in the world
                    > 2,500 caches found # 157 in the world
                    > 3,000 caches found # 102 in the world
                    > 3,500 caches found # 59 in the world
                    > 4,000 caches found # 46 in the world
                    > 5,000 caches found # 24 in the world
                    > 7,434 caches found # 5 in the world
                    > 13,650 caches found # 1 in the world
                    >
                    > Of course these stats are constantly changing but I thought it was interesting.
                    > Mike

                    Hobby and craft supplyCraft hobbyTreasure seeker

                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  • Bryan Wright
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 27, 2006

                      Based on current numbers, it looks like minus 25….

                      • From: "Thrak" <thrak@...>
                        To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:57:01 -0000

                        If you would like to check YOUR own standing the list is here:  All cachers with200 or more finds

                        --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com , Escapades <escapades4cache@...> wrote:

                        > Where do you rank?
                        >
                        > If you have found 200 caches you rank around #11,000 in the world in total finds.
                        > 300 caches found around # 7,000 in the world
                        > 400 caches found around # 4,750 in the world.
                        > 500 caches found around # 3,750 in the world
                        > 600 caches found around # 2,750 in the world
                        > 700 caches found around # 2,125 in the world
                        > 800 caches found around # 1,715 in the world
                        > 900 caches found around # 1,425 in the world
                        > 1,000 caches found around # 1,220 in the world
                        > 1,100 caches found around # 1,020 in the world
                        > 1,200 caches found around # 842 in the world
                        > 1,300 caches found around # 710 in the world
                        > 1,400 caches found around # 615 in the world
                        > 1,500 caches found around # 526 in the world
                        > 1,750 caches found around # 385 in the world
                        > 2,000 caches found # 297 in the world
                        > 2,500 caches found # 157 in the world
                        > 3,000 caches found # 102 in the world
                        > 3,500 caches found # 59 in the world
                        > 4,000 caches found # 46 in the world
                        > 5,000 caches found # 24 in the world
                        > 7,434 caches found # 5 in the world
                        > 13,650 caches found # 1 in the world
                        >
                        > Of course these stats are constantly changing but I thought it was interesting.
                        > Mike

                    • Warren Harding
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 27, 2006

                        Thanks! I can have that many cached by next week.

                        47Dad47

                        From: "Bryan Wright" <bryan@...>
                        To: <nuts_@yahoogroups.com>
                        Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:03:46 -0800