Re: [NUTS] Re: Itchy & Scratchy

  • BootyBuddies
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 10, 2004
      Although I've never seen this on any website, taking echinacea helps with the itch.  Also Caladryl (similar to the stinky pink Calamine lotion we used as kids on chicken pox, but clear and not so stinky) is supposed to help with the itch and the weepies (so gross). I'm trying these things out right now after HOG HEAVEN in Folsom.  I didn't even see the PO 'cause I was so excited to be able to walk to a cache from work!

      Tried an oatmeal bath last night, but I don't think it helped much.  I'll try the blow dryer method tonight.

      Debby

      Escapades <escapades4cache@...> wrote:
      Okay...speaking for the Escapades, we like to learn by experience! I
      for one highly recomend the blow dryer method for poison oak. It may
      not cure it but it sure makes it feel better.

      I researched on the internet for recommended solutions for the itch
      and figured I would try just about anything. The blow dryer was
      mentioned several times so I tried it...you turn the dryer on high
      and blow it on the poison oak until it starts feeling too hot. This
      would make my poison oak not itch for several hours. It kind of feels
      like you are scratching it without really doing so. (I hope I never
      get too close to that plant again!)
      Gail

      P.S. Juniper, Shuniper, just say tall, skinny, evergreen tree...
      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Ed & Julie" <nelson143@s...> wrote:
      > Okay (itch) N.U.T.S....I'm only (scratch) gonna plead once.
      > Please, no (itch) more caches in poison (scratch) oak.
      > Thank (itch) you (scratch).
      > Ed
      > The Badge & the Butterfly

      Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Pat or Bert Hall
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 10, 2004
        I have found that by holding a lighted match under a fingernail I forget completely about the PO.  more than 140 cool smileys can be introduced into your e-mail by a simple mouse click - download that free tool at www.schmaili.com
        Actually, I don't catch it so when I find it near a cache I cut it back or pull it out.
        Although I've never seen this on any website, taking echinacea helps with the itch.  Also Caladryl (similar to the stinky pink Calamine lotion we used as kids on chicken pox, but clear and not so stinky) is supposed to help with the itch and the weepies (so gross). I'm trying these things out right now after HOG HEAVEN in Folsom.  I didn't even see the PO 'cause I was so excited to be able to walk to a cache from work!

        Tried an oatmeal bath last night, but I don't think it helped much.  I'll try the blow dryer method tonight.

        Debby

        Escapades <escapades4cache@...> wrote:
        Okay...speaking for the Escapades, we like to learn by experience! I
        for one highly recomend the blow dryer method for poison oak. It may
        not cure it but it sure makes it feel better.

        I researched on the internet for recommended solutions for the itch
        and figured I would try just about anything. The blow dryer was
        mentioned several times so I tried it...you turn the dryer on high
        and blow it on the poison oak until it starts feeling too hot. This
        would make my poison oak not itch for several hours. It kind of feels
        like you are scratching it without really doing so. (I hope I never
        get too close to that plant again!)
        Gail

        P.S. Juniper, Shuniper, just say tall, skinny, evergreen tree...
        --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Ed & Julie" <nelson143@s...> wrote:
        > Okay (itch) N.U.T.S....I'm only (scratch) gonna plead once.
        > Please, no (itch) more caches in poison (scratch) oak.
        > Thank (itch) you (scratch).
        > Ed
        > The Badge & the Butterfly

        Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Ed & Julie
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 10, 2004
          I'm not sure which cache got me (we cached on Cherokee Rd. and in
          Oroville) but one of them got me.

          This is my 6th bout of poison oak since we started caching in 2002.I
          had never gotten it before. the last bout sent me to the doctor(itwas
          on my face). This time, it's both arms and legs.I have heard 2
          schools of thought about getting it when you hadn't before...

          1- you body chemistry is always changing, so you might gtit whenyou
          never had before.

          2- Repeated exposure lowers your tolerance.

          Whatever the reason, I have gotten to the point where when I'm
          cachinng, i avoid ANYgreen plant. I was a boy scout for 20 years...I
          thought I knew what po lookslike, but I keep getting it.

          I have used the clear lotion wih minimal results each time. Bleach
          just burned my skin (as recomended by co-workers).

          Keep placing those urban caches and I'll be a happy cacher...no more
          bushwacking for me.

          Ed
          The Badge & the Butterlfy
        • Pat or Bert Hall
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 10, 2004
            On any rash it's important to understand the source because I hear guilt can also cause it.  But who am I to say, I've never had a rash.
            Tanky
          • BootyBuddies
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 11, 2004
              We may need to change our handle after Buddy D's latest bout, but if she is Itchy & Scratchy what does that make me?!?  Bill

              BootyBuddies <bootybuddies42@...> wrote:
              Although I've never seen this on any website, taking echinacea helps with the itch.  Also Caladryl (similar to the stinky pink Calamine lotion we used as kids on chicken pox, but clear and not so stinky) is supposed to help with the itch and the weepies (so gross). I'm trying these things out right now after HOG HEAVEN in Folsom.  I didn't even see the PO 'cause I was so excited to be able to walk to a cache from work!

              Tried an oatmeal bath last night, but I don't think it helped much.  I'll try the blow dryer method tonight.

              Debby

              Escapades <escapades4cache@...> wrote:
              Okay...speaking for the Escapades, we like to learn by experience! I
              for one highly recomend the blow dryer method for poison oak. It may
              not cure it but it sure makes it feel better.

              I researched on the internet for recommended solutions for the itch
              and figured I would try just about anything. The blow dryer was
              mentioned several times so I tried it...you turn the dryer on high
              and blow it on the poison oak until it starts feeling too hot. This
              would make my poison oak not itch for several hours. It kind of feels
              like you are scratching it without really doing so. (I hope I never
              get too close to that plant again!)
              Gail

              P.S. Juniper, Shuniper, just say tall, skinny, evergreen tree...
              --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Ed & Julie" <nelson143@s...> wrote:
              > Okay (itch) N.U.T.S....I'm only (scratch) gonna plead once.
              > Please, no (itch) more caches in poison (scratch) oak.
              > Thank (itch) you (scratch).
              > Ed
              > The Badge & the Butterfly

              Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

              Do you Yahoo!?

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • Donald Liddiard
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 11, 2004
                Here Tanky, let me light that match for you...... CrystalAngel smiley emoticon