Look who's 40 cache Ruined

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006

      I went out tonight with my daughter to pick up the Geo coin and move it along to a friend of mine in so cal.When we arrived at the cache it was out in the open. When we opened it the cache had been totally taken apart. Those who have visited this cache know what I'm referring to. I don't want to give too much info away to ruin the cache once it's fixed.

      I just can believe someone could  do such a thing to a cache. This upsets me how someone could be so disrespectful.X-(

      The Coin wasn't in the cache. I hope it's not missing and someone just hasn't logged it yet.I did e-mail Redvoodu and gave then the details on the cache.

      I just wanted everyone to know how disappointed I was to find this cache left this way.

    • Thrak
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
        I would imagine any damage to the cache was caused by muggles.........

        -=Thrak=-

        --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <mntbikeridertim@...> wrote:

        > I went out tonight with my daughter to pick up the Geo coin and move it
        > along to a friend of mine in so cal.When we arrived at the cache it was
        > out in the open. When we opened it the cache had been totally taken
        > apart. Those who have visited this cache know what I'm referring to. I
        > don't want to give too much info away to ruin the cache once it's fixed.
        >
        > I just can believe someone could do such a thing to a cache. This
        > upsets me how someone could be so disrespectful. [X-(]
        >
        > The Coin wasn't in the cache. I hope it's not missing and someone just
        > hasn't logged it yet.I did e-mail Redvoodu and gave then the details on
        > the cache.
        >
        > I just wanted everyone to know how disappointed I was to find this cache
        > left this way.

      • Warren Harding
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006

          This is not unusual.  I've seen this happen to lots of caches, including mine.  I keep extra logbooks and misc items with me, to fix them when I can.  One cache I found was sliced in half by a worker using a large pruning machine.  I made a smaller cache of it by using the salvagable componets and let the owner know what I did.  I even had to move that one because the area was exposed by the pruning.  I sent the owner the new coordinates and put the new coordinates in my online log. Sometimes, I replace the entire cache and let the owner know.  I only do that when it appears the owner hasn't been able to get to it for sometime.

          Most messed up caches are the result of accidents or muggles who don't know what is going on.  Most don't read the fine print of our geocache messages.  Animals often get at the caches. Most of the animals read the messages but they just don't seem to care.  Thiey love to bite holes into the cache containers.

          Geocaching is for fun.  If you see a broken cache, help fix it and let the owner know.  That way you can feel good about finding a broken cache, instead of bad and youv'e made a new geofriend.  If possible, try not to change the owner's intention of how the cache was made.

          47Dad47

          From: "Tim" <mntbikeridertim@...>
          To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [NUTS] Look who's 40 cache Ruined
          Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 06:05:06 -0000

          I went out tonight with my daughter to pick up the Geo coin and move it along to a friend of mine in so cal.When we arrived at the cache it was out in the open. When we opened it the cache had been totally taken apart. Those who have visited this cache know what I'm referring to. I don't want to give too much info away to ruin the cache once it's fixed.

          I just can believe someone could  do such a thing to a cache. This upsets me how someone could be so disrespectful.X-(

          The Coin wasn't in the cache. I hope it's not missing and someone just hasn't logged it yet.I did e-mail Redvoodu and gave then the details on the cache.

          I just wanted everyone to know how disappointed I was to find this cache left this way.

          Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS