Re: [NUTS] First geocachers in the northstate?

  • JeoMc5@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2004
      In a message dated 7/15/2004 12:13:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Escapades" <escapades4cache@...> writes:

      >I would also be interested in who the first cachers in this area
      >were and how many caches were out there.  When we started May, 2003
      >there were a lot less caches and cachers.

      There is some caching history to the Oroville area. The first one I know of was an Apollo 1 cache a little south of town.
      http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gcfb9

      While visiting my folks in town we stopped by and they loved it and wanted to hide one as well. Thus was born Sticks and Stones under the MC5 (Cinde's) profile and soon after All Hallows Eve. Both had a steady stream of cachers that were traveling through. Then one day much later on I check the cache map for the Oroville, Paradise area and the place was covered in caches :D Including some places I wanted to hide some caches. There are many interesting spots up that way that I still have to get to.

      Great job NUTS

      Jeo