Re: [NUTS] Oldest caches in Butte County?

  • Juniper M. Sumpter
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 2004
      Hi Ed & All-

      Good question...we started caching in 2002 and back then there weren't
      nearly as many around. But a few oldies immediately come to mind. In
      Oroville there was "All Hallows Eve", hidden in that cemetary 10/2001. I
      believe that is where the Thompson Flat cache is currently hidden.

      "Above Paradise" was also one of the first we did. It was hidden in an area
      very similar to the current "Waterways & Trails" cache. "Above Paradise"
      was placed 5/2001 and has been archived for sometime now. Also, "Exodus
      Quest" in the upper park has been around for ages. We have never been able
      to pull that one off because we have a little one. (Of course she is no
      longer very little, but also not quite old enough to go that distance.)

      If anyone remembers our "Trip Trop" cache, also archived as someone stole
      it, it was hidden under one of the footbridges near CSUC and Bidwell
      Mansion. We didn't realize it but apparently a cache had been hidden there
      before. It was archived long before we were around. I don't know what it
      was called but I'm thinking it must have been the "Bidwell Mansion" cache
      that Ed mentioned.

      The FIRST cache we ever did in this area was "Electric View". And I gotta
      say, it's still probably my local favorite - though it's VERY tough to pick!

      Juniper
      (aka TheHobsons)
    • Juniper M. Sumpter
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 14, 2004
        I should also probably mention that "High Adventure" has been around since
        9/2001...of course no one has found it since 2002. It's primed and waiting
        for someone to come along....
      • nelson143@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14, 2004
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 14, 2004
            Hi Ed & everyone else...
            As far as "Trip Trop" & "Bidwell Cache", yes, they were under the same bridge, but on different sides, & at different time... The "Bidwell Cache" was the 1st cache that I ever did... It was 11-15-01... Laryssa went, but she didn't walk back then... I did get a picture of her teething on my 1st GPS... Then I did "Trip-Trop, Trip-Trop" on 6-07-03...
            TNX for the Trip-Trop down memory lane... lol
            Jim