Re: Problems with Geocaching.com?

  • geo_thrak
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006
      Maybe it has to do with all the new accounts.

      I don't know how many new accounts there are now but I do know that, from Dec. 26 - Dec. 29, there were 9800 new accounts created. Likely there were many more created since then. It seems a LOT of folks got a GPSr for Christmas.

      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "blucruzfamily" <gsmcelroy@s...> wrote:

      > I have noticed that it has been slower than usual the past couple
      > weeks. Hasn't timed out on me yet though. I wonder if there is a
      > connection between the servers with GC.com & the Groundspeak forums. I
      > know they had to disable the search engine for the forums because the
      > server is maxed out. Too many people on at one time now and the servers
      > tend to lock up. Blu.
      >
      > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Wright bryan@s... wrote:
      > >
      > > Anyone having timeout problems with the site? I've been trying to
      > retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction
      > keeps timing out. Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-
      > ). Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal
      > cache logging code?
      > >
      > > Haven't seen anything in the forums....
      > >
      > > The SKWERL

    • EILEEN BELAN
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006
        And I haven't been on much in the last month. My foot is almost healed so it will probably be even slower once I start creating pocket queries and logging all the caches I hope to start finding.
        Eileen...

        geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:
        Maybe it has to do with all the new accounts.

        I don't know how many new accounts there are now but I do know that, from Dec. 26 - Dec. 29, there were 9800 new accounts created. Likely there were many more created since then. It seems a LOT of folks got a GPSr for Christmas.

        --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "blucruzfamily" <gsmcelroy@s...> wrote:

        > I have noticed that it has been slower than usual the past couple
        > weeks. Hasn't timed out on me yet though. I wonder if there is a
        > connection between the servers with GC.com & the Groundspeak forums. I
        > know they had to disable the search engine for the forums because the
        > server is maxed out. Too many people on at one time now and the servers
        > tend to lock up. Blu.
        >
        > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Wright bryan@s... wrote:
        > >
        > > Anyone having timeout problems with the site? I've been trying to
        > retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction
        > keeps timing out. Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-
        > ). Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal
        > cache logging code?
        > >
        > > Haven't seen anything in the forums....
        > >
        > > The SKWERL

        Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

      • debra jaynes
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006
          for me the forum side is still quite fast..but i notice time in logging, going to caches/searches is a bit slower. and for some reason lately the maps don't load right from the cache page but will from a map it string.
          debra

          geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:
          Maybe it has to do with all the new accounts.

          I don't know how many new accounts there are now but I do know that, from Dec. 26 - Dec. 29, there were 9800 new accounts created. Likely there were many more created since then. It seems a LOT of folks got a GPSr for Christmas.

          --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "blucruzfamily" <gsmcelroy@s...> wrote:

          > I have noticed that it has been slower than usual the past couple
          > weeks. Hasn't timed out on me yet though. I wonder if there is a
          > connection between the servers with GC.com & the Groundspeak forums. I
          > know they had to disable the search engine for the forums because the
          > server is maxed out. Too many people on at one time now and the servers
          > tend to lock up. Blu.
          >
          > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Wright bryan@s... wrote:
          > >
          > > Anyone having timeout problems with the site? I've been trying to
          > retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction
          > keeps timing out. Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-
          > ). Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal
          > cache logging code?
          > >
          > > Haven't seen anything in the forums....
          > >
          > > The SKWERL

          Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts
          Treasure seeker

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • Warren Harding
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006

            Yes.  Someone is.

            47Dad47

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 7, 2006
              I had quite a time 1/5 with timeouts also.  Tried several times to claim a jeep TB without success.  Gave it up and finally made it yesterday.

              From: Bryan Wright <bryan@...>
              To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:13:23 -0800 (PST)

              Anyone having timeout problems with the site?  I've been trying to retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction keeps timing out.  Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-).   Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal cache logging code?Haven't seen anything in the forums...
              The SKWERL
            • CASAS
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 7, 2006
                You can buy a raffle ticket!  There will be stickers on the raffle table at the RCGDS dinner on Saturday.

                Casas

                geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:
                I would have ordered one for my truck but, with the license place holder and the hitch cover my family already thinks I'm "geeked to the max" so......

                Guess I really should have gotten a couple to put into caches though.  Sometimes I'm just not too bright.

                -=Thrak=-

                --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Wright" <bryan@s...> wrote:

                > Okay guys, one more update. I received the first 30 today and just placed
                > an order for another 20. This should cover all of the requests I have
                > received and leave us with 7 extra for folks who decide they can't live
                > without them!
                >
                > I'll be at the RCGDS event on the 14th and will have them there. Not sure
                > about NUTS on the 21st yet. Cost is been $3.71/sticker.
                >
                > Here's the list:
                >
                > 3 SKWERL
                > 2 47Dad47
                > 2 L3-Geo
                > 2 Imcaver
                > 3 Woodchuck
                > 3 Geo-Jeeper
                > 2 NightKnight
                > 2 Lil Devil
                > 2 Putt
                > 2 RiverCity
                > 2 MjrWingnut
                > 2 Anguspapa & Pacomama
                > 2 Teachermom
                > 1 Da-Schippers
                >
                > 2 Jim&Jackie
                > 2 Wetpaws
                > 1 BootyBuddies
                > 4 CASAS (for Raffle)
                > 1 Qatales
                > 1 GeoTigger
                > 2 MichaelD?
                > 7 AVAILABLE (contact SKWERL)
                >

                > Thanks--I'm gonna go out now and stick mine on the jeep and bikes!
                >
                > The SKWERL

                Yahoo! Photos

              • Bryan Wright
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 8, 2006

                  Hee hee, I’ve already got him taken care of J.  Second (and final!) wave of stickers should be showing up at Acorn’s Abode any day now!

                  The SKWERL

                  geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:

                  I would have ordered one for my truck but, with the license place holder and the hitch cover my family already thinks I'm "geeked to the max" so......

                  Guess I really should have gotten a couple to put into caches though.  Sometimes I'm just not too bright.

                  -=Thrak=-

                  --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com , "Bryan Wright" <bryan@s...> wrote:

                  > Okay guys, one more update. I received the first 30 today and just placed
                  > an order for another 20. This should cover all of the requests I have
                  > received and leave us with 7 extra for folks who decide they can't live
                  > without them!
                  >
                  > I'll be at the RCGDS event on the 14th and will have them there. Not sure
                  > about NUTS on the 21st yet. Cost is been $3.71/sticker.
                  >
                  > Here's the list:
                  >
                  > 3 SKWERL
                  > 2 47Dad47
                  > 2 L3-Geo
                  > 2 Imcaver
                  > 3 Woodchuck
                  > 3 Geo-Jeeper
                  > 2 NightKnight
                  > 2 Lil Devil
                  > 2 Putt
                  > 2 RiverCity
                  > 2 MjrWingnut
                  > 2 Anguspapa & Pacomama
                  > 2 Teachermom
                  > 1 Da-Schippers
                  >
                  > 2 Jim&Jackie
                  > 2 Wetpaws
                  > 1 BootyBuddies
                  > 4 CASAS (for Raffle)
                  > 1 Qatales
                  > 1 GeoTigger
                  > 2 MichaelD?
                  > 7 AVAILABLE (contact SKWERL)
                  >

                  > Thanks--I'm gonna go out now and stick mine on the jeep and bikes!
                  >
                  > The SKWERL

                  Yahoo! Photos

                • CASAS
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 9, 2006
                    okay. thanks Bryan. Hoping we find enough items to make the raffle interesting.

                    anne

                    geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:
                    I would have ordered one for my truck but, with the license place holder and the hitch cover my family already thinks I'm "geeked to the max" so......

                    Guess I really should have gotten a couple to put into caches though.  Sometimes I'm just not too bright.

                    -=Thrak=-

                    --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com , "Bryan Wright" <bryan@s...> wrote:

                    > Okay guys, one more update. I received the first 30 today and just placed
                    > an order for another 20. This should cover all of the requests I have
                    > received and leave us with 7 extra for folks who decide they can't live
                    > without them!
                    >
                    > I'll be at the RCGDS event on the 14th and will have them there. Not sure
                    > about NUTS on the 21st yet. Cost is been $3.71/sticker.
                    >
                    > Here's the list:
                    >
                    > 3 SKWERL
                    > 2 47Dad47
                    > 2 L3-Geo
                    > 2 Imcaver
                    > 3 Woodchuck
                    > 3 Geo-Jeeper
                    > 2 NightKnight
                    > 2 Lil Devil
                    > 2 Putt
                    > 2 RiverCity
                    > 2 MjrWingnut
                    > 2 Anguspapa & Pacomama
                    > 2 Teachermom
                    > 1 Da-Schippers
                    >
                    > 2 Jim&Jackie
                    > 2 Wetpaws
                    > 1 BootyBuddies
                    > 4 CASAS (for Raffle)
                    > 1 Qatales
                    > 1 GeoTigger
                    > 2 MichaelD?
                    > 7 AVAILABLE (contact SKWERL)
                    >

                    > Thanks--I'm gonna go out now and stick mine on the jeep and bikes!
                    >
                    > The SKWERL

                    Yahoo! Photos

                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                    Yahoo! Photos

                  • CASAS

                      geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:
                      I would have ordered one for my truck but, with the license place holder and the hitch cover my family already thinks I'm "geeked to the max" so......

                      Guess I really should have gotten a couple to put into caches though.  Sometimes I'm just not too bright.

                      -=Thrak=-

                      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com , "Bryan Wright" <bryan@s...> wrote:

                      > Okay guys, one more update. I received the first 30 today and just placed
                      > an order for another 20. This should cover all of the requests I have
                      > received and leave us with 7 extra for folks who decide they can't live
                      > without them!
                      >
                      > I'll be at the RCGDS event on the 14th and will have them there. Not sure
                      > about NUTS on the 21st yet. Cost is been $3.71/sticker.
                      >
                      > Here's the list:
                      >
                      > 3 SKWERL
                      > 2 47Dad47
                      > 2 L3-Geo
                      > 2 Imcaver
                      > 3 Woodchuck
                      > 3 Geo-Jeeper
                      > 2 NightKnight
                      > 2 Lil Devil
                      > 2 Putt
                      > 2 RiverCity
                      > 2 MjrWingnut
                      > 2 Anguspapa & Pacomama
                      > 2 Teachermom
                      > 1 Da-Schippers
                      >
                      > 2 Jim&Jackie
                      > 2 Wetpaws
                      > 1 BootyBuddies
                      > 4 CASAS (for Raffle)
                      > 1 Qatales
                      > 1 GeoTigger
                      > 2 MichaelD?
                      > 7 AVAILABLE (contact SKWERL)
                      >

                      > Thanks--I'm gonna go out now and stick mine on the jeep and bikes!
                      >
                      > The SKWERL

                      Yahoo! Photos