Problems with Geocaching.com?

  • Bryan Wright
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006
      Anyone having timeout problems with the site?  I've been trying to retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction keeps timing out.  Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-).   Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal cache logging code?

      Haven't seen anything in the forums....

      The SKWERL

    • blucruzfamily
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006
        I have noticed that it has been slower than usual the past couple
        weeks. Hasn't timed out on me yet though. I wonder if there is a
        connection between the servers with GC.com & the Groundspeak forums. I
        know they had to disable the search engine for the forums because the
        server is maxed out. Too many people on at one time now and the servers
        tend to lock up. Blu.

        --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Wright <bryan@s...> wrote:

        > Anyone having timeout problems with the site? I've been trying to
        retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction
        keeps timing out. Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-
        ). Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal
        cache logging code?

        > Haven't seen anything in the forums....
        >
        > The SKWERL

      • geo_thrak
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006
          Maybe it has to do with all the new accounts.

          I don't know how many new accounts there are now but I do know that, from Dec. 26 - Dec. 29, there were 9800 new accounts created. Likely there were many more created since then. It seems a LOT of folks got a GPSr for Christmas.

          --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "blucruzfamily" <gsmcelroy@s...> wrote:

          > I have noticed that it has been slower than usual the past couple
          > weeks. Hasn't timed out on me yet though. I wonder if there is a
          > connection between the servers with GC.com & the Groundspeak forums. I
          > know they had to disable the search engine for the forums because the
          > server is maxed out. Too many people on at one time now and the servers
          > tend to lock up. Blu.
          >
          > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Wright bryan@s... wrote:
          > >
          > > Anyone having timeout problems with the site? I've been trying to
          > retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction
          > keeps timing out. Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-
          > ). Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal
          > cache logging code?
          > >
          > > Haven't seen anything in the forums....
          > >
          > > The SKWERL

        • EILEEN BELAN
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006
            And I haven't been on much in the last month. My foot is almost healed so it will probably be even slower once I start creating pocket queries and logging all the caches I hope to start finding.
            Eileen...

            geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:
            Maybe it has to do with all the new accounts.

            I don't know how many new accounts there are now but I do know that, from Dec. 26 - Dec. 29, there were 9800 new accounts created. Likely there were many more created since then. It seems a LOT of folks got a GPSr for Christmas.

            --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "blucruzfamily" <gsmcelroy@s...> wrote:

            > I have noticed that it has been slower than usual the past couple
            > weeks. Hasn't timed out on me yet though. I wonder if there is a
            > connection between the servers with GC.com & the Groundspeak forums. I
            > know they had to disable the search engine for the forums because the
            > server is maxed out. Too many people on at one time now and the servers
            > tend to lock up. Blu.
            >
            > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Wright bryan@s... wrote:
            > >
            > > Anyone having timeout problems with the site? I've been trying to
            > retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction
            > keeps timing out. Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-
            > ). Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal
            > cache logging code?
            > >
            > > Haven't seen anything in the forums....
            > >
            > > The SKWERL

            Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

          • debra jaynes
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006
              for me the forum side is still quite fast..but i notice time in logging, going to caches/searches is a bit slower. and for some reason lately the maps don't load right from the cache page but will from a map it string.
              debra

              geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:
              Maybe it has to do with all the new accounts.

              I don't know how many new accounts there are now but I do know that, from Dec. 26 - Dec. 29, there were 9800 new accounts created. Likely there were many more created since then. It seems a LOT of folks got a GPSr for Christmas.

              --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "blucruzfamily" <gsmcelroy@s...> wrote:

              > I have noticed that it has been slower than usual the past couple
              > weeks. Hasn't timed out on me yet though. I wonder if there is a
              > connection between the servers with GC.com & the Groundspeak forums. I
              > know they had to disable the search engine for the forums because the
              > server is maxed out. Too many people on at one time now and the servers
              > tend to lock up. Blu.
              >
              > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Wright bryan@s... wrote:
              > >
              > > Anyone having timeout problems with the site? I've been trying to
              > retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction
              > keeps timing out. Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-
              > ). Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal
              > cache logging code?
              > >
              > > Haven't seen anything in the forums....
              > >
              > > The SKWERL

              Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts
              Treasure seeker

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            • Warren Harding
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006

                Yes.  Someone is.

                47Dad47

                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 7, 2006
                  I had quite a time 1/5 with timeouts also.  Tried several times to claim a jeep TB without success.  Gave it up and finally made it yesterday.

                  From: Bryan Wright <bryan@...>
                  To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:13:23 -0800 (PST)

                  Anyone having timeout problems with the site?  I've been trying to retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction keeps timing out.  Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-).   Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal cache logging code?Haven't seen anything in the forums...
                  The SKWERL
                • CASAS
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 7, 2006
                    You can buy a raffle ticket!  There will be stickers on the raffle table at the RCGDS dinner on Saturday.

                    Casas

                    geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:
                    I would have ordered one for my truck but, with the license place holder and the hitch cover my family already thinks I'm "geeked to the max" so......

                    Guess I really should have gotten a couple to put into caches though.  Sometimes I'm just not too bright.

                    -=Thrak=-

                    --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Wright" <bryan@s...> wrote:

                    > Okay guys, one more update. I received the first 30 today and just placed
                    > an order for another 20. This should cover all of the requests I have
                    > received and leave us with 7 extra for folks who decide they can't live
                    > without them!
                    >
                    > I'll be at the RCGDS event on the 14th and will have them there. Not sure
                    > about NUTS on the 21st yet. Cost is been $3.71/sticker.
                    >
                    > Here's the list:
                    >
                    > 3 SKWERL
                    > 2 47Dad47
                    > 2 L3-Geo
                    > 2 Imcaver
                    > 3 Woodchuck
                    > 3 Geo-Jeeper
                    > 2 NightKnight
                    > 2 Lil Devil
                    > 2 Putt
                    > 2 RiverCity
                    > 2 MjrWingnut
                    > 2 Anguspapa & Pacomama
                    > 2 Teachermom
                    > 1 Da-Schippers
                    >
                    > 2 Jim&Jackie
                    > 2 Wetpaws
                    > 1 BootyBuddies
                    > 4 CASAS (for Raffle)
                    > 1 Qatales
                    > 1 GeoTigger
                    > 2 MichaelD?
                    > 7 AVAILABLE (contact SKWERL)
                    >

                    > Thanks--I'm gonna go out now and stick mine on the jeep and bikes!
                    >
                    > The SKWERL

                    Yahoo! Photos

                  • Bryan Wright
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 8, 2006

                      Hee hee, I’ve already got him taken care of J.  Second (and final!) wave of stickers should be showing up at Acorn’s Abode any day now!

                      The SKWERL

                      geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:

                      I would have ordered one for my truck but, with the license place holder and the hitch cover my family already thinks I'm "geeked to the max" so......

                      Guess I really should have gotten a couple to put into caches though.  Sometimes I'm just not too bright.

                      -=Thrak=-

                      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com , "Bryan Wright" <bryan@s...> wrote:

                      > Okay guys, one more update. I received the first 30 today and just placed
                      > an order for another 20. This should cover all of the requests I have
                      > received and leave us with 7 extra for folks who decide they can't live
                      > without them!
                      >
                      > I'll be at the RCGDS event on the 14th and will have them there. Not sure
                      > about NUTS on the 21st yet. Cost is been $3.71/sticker.
                      >
                      > Here's the list:
                      >
                      > 3 SKWERL
                      > 2 47Dad47
                      > 2 L3-Geo
                      > 2 Imcaver
                      > 3 Woodchuck
                      > 3 Geo-Jeeper
                      > 2 NightKnight
                      > 2 Lil Devil
                      > 2 Putt
                      > 2 RiverCity
                      > 2 MjrWingnut
                      > 2 Anguspapa & Pacomama
                      > 2 Teachermom
                      > 1 Da-Schippers
                      >
                      > 2 Jim&Jackie
                      > 2 Wetpaws
                      > 1 BootyBuddies
                      > 4 CASAS (for Raffle)
                      > 1 Qatales
                      > 1 GeoTigger
                      > 2 MichaelD?
                      > 7 AVAILABLE (contact SKWERL)
                      >

                      > Thanks--I'm gonna go out now and stick mine on the jeep and bikes!
                      >
                      > The SKWERL

                      Yahoo! Photos

                    • CASAS
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 9, 2006
                        okay. thanks Bryan. Hoping we find enough items to make the raffle interesting.

                        anne

                        geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:
                        I would have ordered one for my truck but, with the license place holder and the hitch cover my family already thinks I'm "geeked to the max" so......

                        Guess I really should have gotten a couple to put into caches though.  Sometimes I'm just not too bright.

                        -=Thrak=-

                        --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com , "Bryan Wright" <bryan@s...> wrote:

                        > Okay guys, one more update. I received the first 30 today and just placed
                        > an order for another 20. This should cover all of the requests I have
                        > received and leave us with 7 extra for folks who decide they can't live
                        > without them!
                        >
                        > I'll be at the RCGDS event on the 14th and will have them there. Not sure
                        > about NUTS on the 21st yet. Cost is been $3.71/sticker.
                        >
                        > Here's the list:
                        >
                        > 3 SKWERL
                        > 2 47Dad47
                        > 2 L3-Geo
                        > 2 Imcaver
                        > 3 Woodchuck
                        > 3 Geo-Jeeper
                        > 2 NightKnight
                        > 2 Lil Devil
                        > 2 Putt
                        > 2 RiverCity
                        > 2 MjrWingnut
                        > 2 Anguspapa & Pacomama
                        > 2 Teachermom
                        > 1 Da-Schippers
                        >
                        > 2 Jim&Jackie
                        > 2 Wetpaws
                        > 1 BootyBuddies
                        > 4 CASAS (for Raffle)
                        > 1 Qatales
                        > 1 GeoTigger
                        > 2 MichaelD?
                        > 7 AVAILABLE (contact SKWERL)
                        >

                        > Thanks--I'm gonna go out now and stick mine on the jeep and bikes!
                        >
                        > The SKWERL

                        Yahoo! Photos

                        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                        Yahoo! Photos

                      • CASAS

                          geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:
                          I would have ordered one for my truck but, with the license place holder and the hitch cover my family already thinks I'm "geeked to the max" so......

                          Guess I really should have gotten a couple to put into caches though.  Sometimes I'm just not too bright.

                          -=Thrak=-

                          --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com , "Bryan Wright" <bryan@s...> wrote:

                          > Okay guys, one more update. I received the first 30 today and just placed
                          > an order for another 20. This should cover all of the requests I have
                          > received and leave us with 7 extra for folks who decide they can't live
                          > without them!
                          >
                          > I'll be at the RCGDS event on the 14th and will have them there. Not sure
                          > about NUTS on the 21st yet. Cost is been $3.71/sticker.
                          >
                          > Here's the list:
                          >
                          > 3 SKWERL
                          > 2 47Dad47
                          > 2 L3-Geo
                          > 2 Imcaver
                          > 3 Woodchuck
                          > 3 Geo-Jeeper
                          > 2 NightKnight
                          > 2 Lil Devil
                          > 2 Putt
                          > 2 RiverCity
                          > 2 MjrWingnut
                          > 2 Anguspapa & Pacomama
                          > 2 Teachermom
                          > 1 Da-Schippers
                          >
                          > 2 Jim&Jackie
                          > 2 Wetpaws
                          > 1 BootyBuddies
                          > 4 CASAS (for Raffle)
                          > 1 Qatales
                          > 1 GeoTigger
                          > 2 MichaelD?
                          > 7 AVAILABLE (contact SKWERL)
                          >

                          > Thanks--I'm gonna go out now and stick mine on the jeep and bikes!
                          >
                          > The SKWERL

                          Yahoo! Photos