Update #2 on Geocaching "Permits"

  • Bryan Wright
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 5, 2006
      Okay guys, one more update. I received the first 30 today and just placed
      an order for another 20. This should cover all of the requests I have
      received and leave us with 7 extra for folks who decide they can't live
      without them!

      I'll be at the RCGDS event on the 14th and will have them there. Not sure
      about NUTS on the 21st yet. Cost is been $3.71/sticker.

      Here's the list:

      3 SKWERL
      2 47Dad47
      2 L3-Geo
      2 Imcaver
      3 Woodchuck
      3 Geo-Jeeper
      2 NightKnight
      2 Lil Devil
      2 Putt
      2 RiverCity
      2 MjrWingnut
      2 Anguspapa & Pacomama
      2 Teachermom
      1 Da-Schippers

      2 Jim&Jackie
      2 Wetpaws
      1 BootyBuddies
      4 CASAS (for Raffle)
      1 Qatales
      1 GeoTigger
      2 MichaelD?
      7 AVAILABLE (contact SKWERL)

      Thanks--I'm gonna go out now and stick mine on the jeep and bikes!

      The SKWERL
    • debra jaynes
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 5, 2006
        thanks swerl for taking care of that...was very nice of you.
        debra/qattales

        On 1/5/06, Bryan Wright <bryan@... > wrote:
[...]

        Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts
        Treasure seeker

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Trevor Anderson

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006
            I would have ordered one for my truck but, with the license place holder and the hitch cover my family already thinks I'm "geeked to the max" so......

            Guess I really should have gotten a couple to put into caches though.  Sometimes I'm just not too bright.

            -=Thrak=-

            --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Wright" <bryan@s...> wrote:

            > Okay guys, one more update. I received the first 30 today and just placed
            > an order for another 20. This should cover all of the requests I have
            > received and leave us with 7 extra for folks who decide they can't live
            > without them!
            >
            > I'll be at the RCGDS event on the 14th and will have them there. Not sure
            > about NUTS on the 21st yet. Cost is been $3.71/sticker.
            >
            > Here's the list:
            >
            > 3 SKWERL
            > 2 47Dad47
            > 2 L3-Geo
            > 2 Imcaver
            > 3 Woodchuck
            > 3 Geo-Jeeper
            > 2 NightKnight
            > 2 Lil Devil
            > 2 Putt
            > 2 RiverCity
            > 2 MjrWingnut
            > 2 Anguspapa & Pacomama
            > 2 Teachermom
            > 1 Da-Schippers
            >
            > 2 Jim&Jackie
            > 2 Wetpaws
            > 1 BootyBuddies
            > 4 CASAS (for Raffle)
            > 1 Qatales
            > 1 GeoTigger
            > 2 MichaelD?
            > 7 AVAILABLE (contact SKWERL)
            >

            > Thanks--I'm gonna go out now and stick mine on the jeep and bikes!
            >
            > The SKWERL

          • Bryan Wright
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006
              Anyone having timeout problems with the site?  I've been trying to retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction keeps timing out.  Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-).   Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal cache logging code?

              Haven't seen anything in the forums....

              The SKWERL

            • blucruzfamily
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006
                I have noticed that it has been slower than usual the past couple
                weeks. Hasn't timed out on me yet though. I wonder if there is a
                connection between the servers with GC.com & the Groundspeak forums. I
                know they had to disable the search engine for the forums because the
                server is maxed out. Too many people on at one time now and the servers
                tend to lock up. Blu.

                --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Wright <bryan@s...> wrote:

                > Anyone having timeout problems with the site? I've been trying to
                retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction
                keeps timing out. Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-
                ). Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal
                cache logging code?

                > Haven't seen anything in the forums....
                >
                > The SKWERL

              • geo_thrak
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006
                  Maybe it has to do with all the new accounts.

                  I don't know how many new accounts there are now but I do know that, from Dec. 26 - Dec. 29, there were 9800 new accounts created. Likely there were many more created since then. It seems a LOT of folks got a GPSr for Christmas.

                  --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "blucruzfamily" <gsmcelroy@s...> wrote:

                  > I have noticed that it has been slower than usual the past couple
                  > weeks. Hasn't timed out on me yet though. I wonder if there is a
                  > connection between the servers with GC.com & the Groundspeak forums. I
                  > know they had to disable the search engine for the forums because the
                  > server is maxed out. Too many people on at one time now and the servers
                  > tend to lock up. Blu.
                  >
                  > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Wright bryan@s... wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Anyone having timeout problems with the site? I've been trying to
                  > retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction
                  > keeps timing out. Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-
                  > ). Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal
                  > cache logging code?
                  > >
                  > > Haven't seen anything in the forums....
                  > >
                  > > The SKWERL

                • EILEEN BELAN
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006
                    And I haven't been on much in the last month. My foot is almost healed so it will probably be even slower once I start creating pocket queries and logging all the caches I hope to start finding.
                    Eileen...

                    geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:
                    Maybe it has to do with all the new accounts.

                    I don't know how many new accounts there are now but I do know that, from Dec. 26 - Dec. 29, there were 9800 new accounts created. Likely there were many more created since then. It seems a LOT of folks got a GPSr for Christmas.

                    --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "blucruzfamily" <gsmcelroy@s...> wrote:

                    > I have noticed that it has been slower than usual the past couple
                    > weeks. Hasn't timed out on me yet though. I wonder if there is a
                    > connection between the servers with GC.com & the Groundspeak forums. I
                    > know they had to disable the search engine for the forums because the
                    > server is maxed out. Too many people on at one time now and the servers
                    > tend to lock up. Blu.
                    >
                    > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Wright bryan@s... wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Anyone having timeout problems with the site? I've been trying to
                    > retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction
                    > keeps timing out. Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-
                    > ). Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal
                    > cache logging code?
                    > >
                    > > Haven't seen anything in the forums....
                    > >
                    > > The SKWERL

                    Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

                  • debra jaynes
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006
                      for me the forum side is still quite fast..but i notice time in logging, going to caches/searches is a bit slower. and for some reason lately the maps don't load right from the cache page but will from a map it string.
                      debra

                      geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:
                      Maybe it has to do with all the new accounts.

                      I don't know how many new accounts there are now but I do know that, from Dec. 26 - Dec. 29, there were 9800 new accounts created. Likely there were many more created since then. It seems a LOT of folks got a GPSr for Christmas.

                      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "blucruzfamily" <gsmcelroy@s...> wrote:

                      > I have noticed that it has been slower than usual the past couple
                      > weeks. Hasn't timed out on me yet though. I wonder if there is a
                      > connection between the servers with GC.com & the Groundspeak forums. I
                      > know they had to disable the search engine for the forums because the
                      > server is maxed out. Too many people on at one time now and the servers
                      > tend to lock up. Blu.
                      >
                      > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Wright bryan@s... wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Anyone having timeout problems with the site? I've been trying to
                      > retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction
                      > keeps timing out. Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-
                      > ). Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal
                      > cache logging code?
                      > >
                      > > Haven't seen anything in the forums....
                      > >
                      > > The SKWERL

                      Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts
                      Treasure seeker

                      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                    • Warren Harding
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 6, 2006

                        Yes.  Someone is.

                        47Dad47

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 7, 2006
                          I had quite a time 1/5 with timeouts also.  Tried several times to claim a jeep TB without success.  Gave it up and finally made it yesterday.

                          From: Bryan Wright <bryan@...>
                          To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:13:23 -0800 (PST)

                          Anyone having timeout problems with the site?  I've been trying to retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction keeps timing out.  Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-).   Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal cache logging code?Haven't seen anything in the forums...
                          The SKWERL
                        • CASAS
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 7, 2006
                            You can buy a raffle ticket!  There will be stickers on the raffle table at the RCGDS dinner on Saturday.

                            Casas

                            geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:
                            I would have ordered one for my truck but, with the license place holder and the hitch cover my family already thinks I'm "geeked to the max" so......

                            Guess I really should have gotten a couple to put into caches though.  Sometimes I'm just not too bright.

                            -=Thrak=-

                            --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Wright" <bryan@s...> wrote:

                            > Okay guys, one more update. I received the first 30 today and just placed
                            > an order for another 20. This should cover all of the requests I have
                            > received and leave us with 7 extra for folks who decide they can't live
                            > without them!
                            >
                            > I'll be at the RCGDS event on the 14th and will have them there. Not sure
                            > about NUTS on the 21st yet. Cost is been $3.71/sticker.
                            >
                            > Here's the list:
                            >
                            > 3 SKWERL
                            > 2 47Dad47
                            > 2 L3-Geo
                            > 2 Imcaver
                            > 3 Woodchuck
                            > 3 Geo-Jeeper
                            > 2 NightKnight
                            > 2 Lil Devil
                            > 2 Putt
                            > 2 RiverCity
                            > 2 MjrWingnut
                            > 2 Anguspapa & Pacomama
                            > 2 Teachermom
                            > 1 Da-Schippers
                            >
                            > 2 Jim&Jackie
                            > 2 Wetpaws
                            > 1 BootyBuddies
                            > 4 CASAS (for Raffle)
                            > 1 Qatales
                            > 1 GeoTigger
                            > 2 MichaelD?
                            > 7 AVAILABLE (contact SKWERL)
                            >

                            > Thanks--I'm gonna go out now and stick mine on the jeep and bikes!
                            >
                            > The SKWERL

                            Yahoo! Photos

                          • Bryan Wright
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 8, 2006

                              Hee hee, I’ve already got him taken care of J.  Second (and final!) wave of stickers should be showing up at Acorn’s Abode any day now!

                              The SKWERL

                              geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:

                              I would have ordered one for my truck but, with the license place holder and the hitch cover my family already thinks I'm "geeked to the max" so......

                              Guess I really should have gotten a couple to put into caches though.  Sometimes I'm just not too bright.

                              -=Thrak=-

                              --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com , "Bryan Wright" <bryan@s...> wrote:

                              > Okay guys, one more update. I received the first 30 today and just placed
                              > an order for another 20. This should cover all of the requests I have
                              > received and leave us with 7 extra for folks who decide they can't live
                              > without them!
                              >
                              > I'll be at the RCGDS event on the 14th and will have them there. Not sure
                              > about NUTS on the 21st yet. Cost is been $3.71/sticker.
                              >
                              > Here's the list:
                              >
                              > 3 SKWERL
                              > 2 47Dad47
                              > 2 L3-Geo
                              > 2 Imcaver
                              > 3 Woodchuck
                              > 3 Geo-Jeeper
                              > 2 NightKnight
                              > 2 Lil Devil
                              > 2 Putt
                              > 2 RiverCity
                              > 2 MjrWingnut
                              > 2 Anguspapa & Pacomama
                              > 2 Teachermom
                              > 1 Da-Schippers
                              >
                              > 2 Jim&Jackie
                              > 2 Wetpaws
                              > 1 BootyBuddies
                              > 4 CASAS (for Raffle)
                              > 1 Qatales
                              > 1 GeoTigger
                              > 2 MichaelD?
                              > 7 AVAILABLE (contact SKWERL)
                              >

                              > Thanks--I'm gonna go out now and stick mine on the jeep and bikes!
                              >
                              > The SKWERL

                              Yahoo! Photos

                            • CASAS
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jan 9, 2006
                                okay. thanks Bryan. Hoping we find enough items to make the raffle interesting.

                                anne

                                geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:
                                I would have ordered one for my truck but, with the license place holder and the hitch cover my family already thinks I'm "geeked to the max" so......

                                Guess I really should have gotten a couple to put into caches though.  Sometimes I'm just not too bright.

                                -=Thrak=-

                                --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com , "Bryan Wright" <bryan@s...> wrote:

                                > Okay guys, one more update. I received the first 30 today and just placed
                                > an order for another 20. This should cover all of the requests I have
                                > received and leave us with 7 extra for folks who decide they can't live
                                > without them!
                                >
                                > I'll be at the RCGDS event on the 14th and will have them there. Not sure
                                > about NUTS on the 21st yet. Cost is been $3.71/sticker.
                                >
                                > Here's the list:
                                >
                                > 3 SKWERL
                                > 2 47Dad47
                                > 2 L3-Geo
                                > 2 Imcaver
                                > 3 Woodchuck
                                > 3 Geo-Jeeper
                                > 2 NightKnight
                                > 2 Lil Devil
                                > 2 Putt
                                > 2 RiverCity
                                > 2 MjrWingnut
                                > 2 Anguspapa & Pacomama
                                > 2 Teachermom
                                > 1 Da-Schippers
                                >
                                > 2 Jim&Jackie
                                > 2 Wetpaws
                                > 1 BootyBuddies
                                > 4 CASAS (for Raffle)
                                > 1 Qatales
                                > 1 GeoTigger
                                > 2 MichaelD?
                                > 7 AVAILABLE (contact SKWERL)
                                >

                                > Thanks--I'm gonna go out now and stick mine on the jeep and bikes!
                                >
                                > The SKWERL

                                Yahoo! Photos

                                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                Yahoo! Photos

                              • CASAS

                                  geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:
                                  I would have ordered one for my truck but, with the license place holder and the hitch cover my family already thinks I'm "geeked to the max" so......

                                  Guess I really should have gotten a couple to put into caches though.  Sometimes I'm just not too bright.

                                  -=Thrak=-

                                  --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com , "Bryan Wright" <bryan@s...> wrote:

                                  > Okay guys, one more update. I received the first 30 today and just placed
                                  > an order for another 20. This should cover all of the requests I have
                                  > received and leave us with 7 extra for folks who decide they can't live
                                  > without them!
                                  >
                                  > I'll be at the RCGDS event on the 14th and will have them there. Not sure
                                  > about NUTS on the 21st yet. Cost is been $3.71/sticker.
                                  >
                                  > Here's the list:
                                  >
                                  > 3 SKWERL
                                  > 2 47Dad47
                                  > 2 L3-Geo
                                  > 2 Imcaver
                                  > 3 Woodchuck
                                  > 3 Geo-Jeeper
                                  > 2 NightKnight
                                  > 2 Lil Devil
                                  > 2 Putt
                                  > 2 RiverCity
                                  > 2 MjrWingnut
                                  > 2 Anguspapa & Pacomama
                                  > 2 Teachermom
                                  > 1 Da-Schippers
                                  >
                                  > 2 Jim&Jackie
                                  > 2 Wetpaws
                                  > 1 BootyBuddies
                                  > 4 CASAS (for Raffle)
                                  > 1 Qatales
                                  > 1 GeoTigger
                                  > 2 MichaelD?
                                  > 7 AVAILABLE (contact SKWERL)
                                  >

                                  > Thanks--I'm gonna go out now and stick mine on the jeep and bikes!
                                  >
                                  > The SKWERL

                                  Yahoo! Photos