Re: [NUTS] Having an affair vs. Geocaching

  • svbrosa
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
      Yeah, I'm lucky that he doesn't protest that I do things without him.
      But from his point of view, I can understand why he'd worry about me
      coming home looking like I'd been lurking in bushes somewhere.

      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, EILEEN BELAN <eileenb@p...> wrote:

      > I can see this thread going downhill quickly. I have a daughter who
      doesn't want to know anything about geocaching or even hear the word.
      It's good that your husband allows you to geocache without too much
      grumbling. I'll bet now when you come back muddy full of leaves etc.
      he'll know what you have been up to.
      > Eileen...
      >
      > svbrosa <electra_eos@y...> wrote:
      > No. If I wanted to have an affair, I hope I wouldn't be rolling
      > around in the bushes at the local parks....the guy would at least
      > have to have a job and not be living with his parents!
      >

      > :)
      >
      > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Pat or Bert Hall" <bnphall@n...>
      wrote:

      > > So, was he right?

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------

    • Jenn Oates

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 3, 2005

          That's a great idea, Honey.

          From: "Michael Daugherty" <daughertydev@...>
          To: <nuts_@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: Re: [NUTS] Having an affair vs. Geocaching
          Darn, I never thought of using Geocaching as an alibi.
          Okay, I need to share this, before I bust out laughing and pee my
          pants.

          My hubby has been acting a little weird lately, especially when I
          come back from geocaching. When I first started doing this, he said
          he thought it was a senseless activity and said I could go ahead and
          do it, but he didn't want to know anything about it.

          Alright, so, when I go out, I tell him I'm going for a walk (with the
          kids and dog, most of the time). We NEVER tell him about our finds,
          and just keep it all to ourselves.

          But the weird behavior has been getting to me. I finally just put him
          on the spot and asked him was his problem was, and he asked me if I'm
          having an affair! I was floored! He said that it is really suspicious
          when I come home with leaves and twigs in my hair, dirt/mud on my
          shoes, and I don't tell him anything about my "walk". He thought I
          was meeting someone to roll around in the grass/bushes/mud!

          My reply to all this was that he said he didn't want to know about
          geocaching, so that's why I don't talk about it. Come to find out,
          he'd completely put it out of his mind and totally forgot that me and
          the kids were doing it.

          I wanted to slap him silly.

          SvbRosa

          Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
          Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

          Hobby and craft supplyCraft hobbyHobbies and crafts
          Treasure seeker

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          >Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

        • Warren Harding
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 3, 2005

            darn!

            From: "svbrosa" <electra_eos@...>
            To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:07:45 -0000

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 4, 2005

              This is an easy virtual you can do from your living room even though it is from Germany.  Virtuals are going away by the end of this year, so this is your last chance. It is  Four Windows by Faxenmacher (GCF55A).   As of this date, 2358 geocachers have found it.  Faxenmacher understands english very well.  Problem is, I didn't know that so I used a universal translator to write to him in German.  He understood what I wrote to him, but later told me the German was so convoluted that it was very humorous for him to read it. (See my logs in May of 2003, but ignore the Time Machine log). Have fun.

              47Dad47

            • blucruzfamily
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                Well that one is easy enough. It's obvious if you just think about it
                for a minute. I'll have to e-mail him the answer. Thanks for the heads
                up. Blu
              • geo_thrak
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                  Thanks for the tip. I'm stuck here in Sacramento in a stupid hotel room and this let me log a cache anyway! I didn't feel like going out looking for caches in the dark in an unfamiliar place.

                  I sent the email, now I just have to wait for a reply so I can log the cache. Thanks again.

                  -=Thrak=-

                • geo_thrak
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 11, 2005
                    I sent the email a week ago and never got a reply from the guy.