Re: [NUTS] Having an affair vs. Geocaching

  • Pat or Bert Hall
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
      So, was he right?

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: svbrosa
      Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:24 PM
      Subject: [NUTS] Having an affair vs. Geocaching

      Okay, I need to share this, before I bust out laughing and pee my
      pants.

      My hubby has been acting a little weird lately, especially when I
      come back from geocaching. When I first started doing this, he said
      he thought it was a senseless activity and said I could go ahead and
      do it, but he didn't want to know anything about it.

      Alright, so, when I go out, I tell him I'm going for a walk (with the
      kids and dog, most of the time). We NEVER tell him about our finds,
      and just keep it all to ourselves.

      But the weird behavior has been getting to me. I finally just put him
      on the spot and asked him was his problem was, and he asked me if I'm
      having an affair! I was floored! He said that it is really suspicious
      when I come home with leaves and twigs in my hair, dirt/mud on my
      shoes, and I don't tell him anything about my "walk". He thought I
      was meeting someone to roll around in the grass/bushes/mud!

      My reply to all this was that he said he didn't want to know about
      geocaching, so that's why I don't talk about it. Come to find out,
      he'd completely put it out of his mind and totally forgot that me and
      the kids were doing it.

      I wanted to slap him silly.

      SvbRosa

    • bintigger@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
        TOO FUNNY   OMGOSH   just like a man to totally forget what you were doing .. ha ha ha
      • Michael Daugherty
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
          Darn, I never thought of using Geocaching as an alibi.
[...]

          Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
          Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
        • svbrosa
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
            No. If I wanted to have an affair, I hope I wouldn't be rolling
            around in the bushes at the local parks....the guy would at least
            have to have a job and not be living with his parents!

            :)

            --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Pat or Bert Hall" <bnphall@n...> wrote:

            > So, was he right?

          • svbrosa
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
              See...we learn new stuff every single day!

              --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Daugherty" <daughertydev@y...>
              wrote:

              > Darn, I never thought of using Geocaching as an alibi.

              11/18/2005

              > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
              11/30/2005

            • EILEEN BELAN
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
                I can see this thread going downhill quickly. I have a daughter who doesn't want to know anything about geocaching or even hear the word. It's good that your husband allows you to geocache without too much grumbling. I'll bet now when you come back muddy full of leaves etc. he'll know what you have been up to.
                Eileen...

              • svbrosa
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
                  Yeah, I'm lucky that he doesn't protest that I do things without him.
                  But from his point of view, I can understand why he'd worry about me
                  coming home looking like I'd been lurking in bushes somewhere.

                  --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, EILEEN BELAN <eileenb@p...> wrote:

                  > I can see this thread going downhill quickly. I have a daughter who
                  doesn't want to know anything about geocaching or even hear the word.
                  It's good that your husband allows you to geocache without too much
                  grumbling. I'll bet now when you come back muddy full of leaves etc.
                  he'll know what you have been up to.
                  > Eileen...
                  >
                  > svbrosa <electra_eos@y...> wrote:
                  > No. If I wanted to have an affair, I hope I wouldn't be rolling
                  > around in the bushes at the local parks....the guy would at least
                  > have to have a job and not be living with his parents!
                  >

                  > :)
                  >
                  > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Pat or Bert Hall" <bnphall@n...>
                  wrote:

                  > > So, was he right?

                  Service.

                  > ---------------------------------

                • Jenn Oates

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 3, 2005

                      That's a great idea, Honey.

                      From: "Michael Daugherty" <daughertydev@...>
                      To: <nuts_@yahoogroups.com>
[...]

                      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                      >Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

                    • Warren Harding
                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 3, 2005

                        darn!

                        From: "svbrosa" <electra_eos@...>
                        To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:07:45 -0000

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 4, 2005

                          This is an easy virtual you can do from your living room even though it is from Germany.  Virtuals are going away by the end of this year, so this is your last chance. It is  Four Windows by Faxenmacher (GCF55A).   As of this date, 2358 geocachers have found it.  Faxenmacher understands english very well.  Problem is, I didn't know that so I used a universal translator to write to him in German.  He understood what I wrote to him, but later told me the German was so convoluted that it was very humorous for him to read it. (See my logs in May of 2003, but ignore the Time Machine log). Have fun.

                          47Dad47

                        • blucruzfamily
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                            Well that one is easy enough. It's obvious if you just think about it
                            for a minute. I'll have to e-mail him the answer. Thanks for the heads
                            up. Blu
                          • geo_thrak
                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                              Thanks for the tip. I'm stuck here in Sacramento in a stupid hotel room and this let me log a cache anyway! I didn't feel like going out looking for caches in the dark in an unfamiliar place.

                              I sent the email, now I just have to wait for a reply so I can log the cache. Thanks again.

                              -=Thrak=-

                            • geo_thrak
                              Message 14 of 14 , Dec 11, 2005
                                I sent the email a week ago and never got a reply from the guy.