Re: Yellow Jeep Travel Bugs

  • lildevil@gpxspinner.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2004
      > ...everyone wants one of those little jeeps and
      > nobody wants to give them up once they've got their
      > hands on them.

      I just want to point out that there is really no point in holding on to these jeeps. They
      are cheap little toys with the no value whatsoever. The contest will last for six
      months, and while you must have a jeep tag number to enter the essay or photo
      contest, you do not need to have the jeep in your possession when you enter.

      To enter the contest, go to the travel bug page, and click one of the links on the right:
      "Upload a Contest Photo Entry" or "Submit a Contest Essay Entry"
      Both will ask you for the tag number, so you must have found a jeep at some time.
      Note, however, that for essays you don't have to actually have the bug in your
      possession to submit. To take a photo, having the jeep is kind of necessary (duh) but
      you can submit the photo later.
      Find a jeep, note the number, take a cool picture with it, log it, drop it in a cache, and
      submit your photo and essay entries later.

      http://jeep.geocaching.com/contest/
      For those that don't like reading fine print, here are the highlights:

      There are six contest periods, which are listed at the above link. Each username can
      enter one photo and one essay per period.

      At the end of each period, the geocaching community will be able to nominate photo
      and essay entries. The 100 photos and the 100 essays receiving the most
      nominations will be presented to the Geocaching Approvers Panel, which will be
      composed of judges from Jeep, Rodale, and Groundspeak.

      Entries will be judged according to the following criteria: Applicability to Geocaching
      Experience (30%), Creativity (40%) and Suitability for Advertising & Promotional
      Purposes (30%).

      For each period there will be one photo winner and one essay winner. Each prize is
      "assorted Jeep Gear worth about $45."

      So please, don't hold those jeeps! Submit a photo and/or essay of your adventure
      finding/hiding the jeep, and pass it on so someone else can do the same.

      Thanks,
      Lil Devil