I AM MAD, MAD, MAD!!!!!

  • geo_thrak
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2005
      Today I went to Upper Park to do the last 3 caches in that area that I haven't done. I was going to do Vulture's View, Devil's Kitchen Micro, and Parking Lot U Submicro.  I got as far as Diversion Dam and there was a locked gate across the road. Now the road isn't wet or muddy. The weather is clear and dry and has been so for quite some time. Why is the road blocked?

      More and more I am finding that the park is available ONLY to the able bodied folks who ride mountain bikes.  I have some physical limitations that dicated that I couldn't walk from the gate up to those caches. I was under the impression that Annie Bidwell left the park to ALL of the people - not just to the mountain bike set. What about those with small children? How about the disabled and elderly?  WHY are they locked out of so many parts of the park? Our city council and the CARD board seem to feel that, if you don't ride a mountain bike or aren't able to hike for 5 miles one way, you don't deserve to use major portions of the park.

      I am VERY unhappy about this.

      -=Thrak=-