Concealed Weapons permit

  • Willard Bennett { MR,B ]
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 15, 2005
      You can get the information at the Sheriff dept. Own a gun, take a
      class, pass a written test, qualify with your gun , have letters of
      recommendation, Pay your fee, and hope the sheriff ok's it. Then renue
      it every two years. The rules may have changed a little since i got
      mine
    • Warren Harding
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 16, 2005
        Congratulations Imcaver for your 1000th cache. And congratulations again
        for doing it in less than a year. That's a great accomplishment.
        47Dad47
      • rich sasek
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 16, 2005
          WOW, Thats a lot in one year. Good job.
          Rich

          Warren Harding <warrenh2002@...> wrote:

          Congratulations Imcaver for your 1000th cache.  And congratulations again
          for doing it in less than a year.  That's a great accomplishment.
          47Dad47

        • Chaz & Steph
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 16, 2005
            A bit of comedy...
            I'm surprised they don't want Senators and Priests to do the letter
            of recommendation. LOL
            Seriously though, sounds like a lot to go through to legally do what
            is guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. Then again we could be
            living in SF and end up having to turn in all our handguns without
            compensation in April.

            A quick observance about California:
            What starts in LA and SF ends up being "State" policy eventually and
            unfortunately what is CA policy finds it's way in to the rest of the
            country also.
            When will people take head of what is fact and what is not? Pro-Gun
            Control activists did a study before and after Florida did it's
            liberalization of concealed permits only to hide those results
            because they backed up what everyone had been saying all
            along. "Laws control Law-Abiding People" not criminals.

            Sorry about that everyone, I'm off of my Ammunition Box now.
            Chaz

            --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Willard Bennett { MR,B ]"

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 16, 2005
              I was in S.F. yesterday...are you sure you want these folks to carry concealed weapons????
              Mike

              <willardb_36@c...> wrote:

              > You can get the information at the Sheriff dept.   Own a gun, take
              > class, pass a written test, qualify with your gun , have letters
              of
              > recommendation, Pay your fee, and hope the sheriff ok's it. Then
              renue
              > it every two years. The rules may have changed a little since i
              got
              > mine

              Hobby and craft supplyCraft hobbyHobbies and crafts
              Treasure seeker

            • Gary Hobgood
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 16, 2005
                Anyone else looking forward to the day this email list-server returns to the topic of geocaching?

                Gary

                <willardb_36@c...> wrote:

                > You can get the information at the Sheriff dept.   Own a gun, take
                > class, pass a written test, qualify with your gun , have letters
                of
                > recommendation, Pay your fee, and hope the sheriff ok's it. Then
                renue
                > it every two years. The rules may have changed a little since i
                got
                > mine

              • Tag
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 16, 2005
                  It would be nice to see geocaching discussed and not all this other stuff
                  Oldhippy

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 18, 2005
                    Actually the thread started as a PSA from our resident police officer, due to a rape in our Bidwell Park where a lot of people go to geocache, so it started off very much on the topic of geocaching. Sometimes these things just slip away... and your right...!   :o)  R&C

                    <willardb_36@c...> wrote:

                    > You can get the information at the Sheriff dept.   Own a gun, take
                    > class, pass a written test, qualify with your gun , have letters
                    of
                    > recommendation, Pay your fee, and hope the sheriff ok's it. Then
                    renue
                    > it every two years. The rules may have changed a little since i
                    got
                    > mine

                  • geo_thrak
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 21, 2005
                      Geocaching? What's that?

                      Ok, here is a geocaching related post. For those who are newer members or for older members who haven't done so -- get out and do the Night Eyes cache.  I did it this weekend with my wife and we both absolutely LOVED it!  It was a great way to end a day of caching.  It's not hard - the terrain is very easy - and it is just something that made us feel like a couple of kids on an adventure. If you haven't done this one yet I highly recommend it as a fun cache.

                      -=Thrak=-

                      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Hobgood" <hobgood@p...> wrote:

                      > Anyone else looking forward to the day this email list-server returns to the topic of geocaching?
                      >
                      > Gary

                    • dawn mateo
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 21, 2005
                        I did it the night of the very first event cache and I agree...it was awesome!!!! It is in my top 5 favorite caches of alllllll time!!!

                        Dawn

                        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS