Re: Ch-ch-ch-changes

  • geo_thrak
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4 7:46 AM
      I'd have to agree that it isn't a surprise. I've been reading about the change - and a lot of resistance to that change - for quite some time in the forums.  I think a lot of folks here don't actually read or participate in the forums though so it is likely a pretty big surprise to many. The forums can be a great source of information. (They are also filled with nonsense in some areas.)

      A lot of folks just want to go caching and don't have any desire to spend a lot of time reading forums and such. Myself, I'm addicted to it and I was all over the forums starting the day I first heard about Geocaching from Bobolu. I read everything I could about caching and asked a bunch of questions in the forums. The more I read and talked about it the more I got sucked into it and ended up buying a GPSr and heading out to look for a cache.  I even bought the Complete Idiot's Guide to Geocaching (which I'm including in an upcoming cache so someone can take it and give it to a n00b friend to get them sucked in ).  I think I spent about 20 minutes or so with the manual when the unit arrived and then went out and snagged my first find without having much of a clue as to what my unit could actually do. I ended up finding it easily and was hooked.