    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hello everyone, Please note the CITO (Cache In Trash Out) this coming Saturday morning near Durham. We have the grabber tools and bags (thanks to NIFTYSIX) and disposal trailer (thanks to BluCruz)... we just need a couple of hours of your time and muscles to clean the place up. Wondered if anyone has a friend in the media (ie: newspapers) so we can tout the environmentally friendly aspects of geocaching? Please let us know if your coming by logging on the cache site. Supposedly the weather will be dry on Saturday, but rain gear and boots might be a back up. Please bring your gloves and if possible racks or shovels. Come on... it'll be fun, and besides the satisfaction of making an area look great, you'll get your very own CITO icon on you geocaching profile. :o) Parking maybe in short supply at the site, and there are no bathrooms there so plan accordingly (there are facilities at Durham Park not too far away). Oh, and did I mention caches? There are a number of caches in the area, unless you've already grabbed them Thanks everyone, Rock&Crystal

    • geo_thrak
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
        Rock, my wife is a reporter for the ER but she doesn't cover this type of story (she covers school related stuff). I asked her who to contact regarding coverage and she said to contact Steve Schoonover at the City Desk. He's the City Editor and assigns stories and coverage. His phone number is 896-7750.  Coverage would depend on what they have going on this weekend since the weekend coverage is very limited.

        She also suggested that, if it couldn't be covered this weekend, it might be included in a larger article on Geocaching if you can interest Steve in an article. I "think" there is a reporter there who might be interested in such an article but I'm not sure since I don't work there.
        -=Thrak=-