NUTS event

  • emsdawn21
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 16, 2004
      RE: the last 2 post:

      Mike> I think we should get together once a month just like RCGDS
      for some sort of event....

      #2> Westwood is located in Northern Ca. Aprox. 70NNE of Chico. For
      better visual location log onto geocaching.com and type in area code
      96137.....look foward to seeing you there.

      FireDawn
    • Don&Jacqi
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 25, 2007
        Hey folks, just 6 days 'til the event! We are asking that payment for
        the coins be made in cash at the event, so our treasurer doesn't have
        to cash a lot of checks. Those unable to make it to the event who are
        members will have an opportunity to pay for their coins via a PayPal
        account which will be announced after the event. A number of members
        have indicated they are planning to attend the event but didn't declare
        how many coins they'd like (you don't have to buy any, if you don't
        want!). We'd like to make sure we set those aside for members first,
        and it would be helpful if they would email us (redhawk2853@...)
        the number they'd like. This list of members includes RedVoodoo,
        Bobolu, Geospyder, and Jim&JackieSome members have not yet indicated
        their intent, and it would be helpful to know who of them will be
        interested in the coins, we'd hate to have members asking for coins
        after they are gone. Non-members who attend will also be able to
        purchase the coins. After we are assured that all NUTS members and
        attendees have their coins, the remaining coins will be offered to the
        public via the G. C. forums. We plan to raffle off a set of 3 NUTS
        (one gold, one silver, and one antique copper) at the event. There will
        be a limit of coins available per member family. Hope you will all like
        the coins, and see you on the 3rd, Rock&Crystal
      • Richard Thompson
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 4, 2007
          Hello, Rock

          This is Richard of the GeoCricets. I would like to get
          2 coins and any (LE or XLE) coins you might have to
          see. Please let me know what you have and what the
          price might be. I wanted to stop by the event but I
          was out of town and could not make it.

          Thank You

          Richard of the GeoCrickets

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/_____B/TM

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 11, 2011
            A last minute reminder to all, we will be having a NUTS event at Logan's Roadhouse in Chico starting at 4:30 tomorrow (Saturday). Forgot the waypoint so check your local listings (GC.com) for more information and to log your intent so we know how many to seat. Hope to see ya'll there, Rock&Crystal
          • Tru2Cntry
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 11, 2011
              Hey do t know if it's too late but Bear and I have a friend
              Coming and he is eligible for 2 nuts too! He signed up to come as
              SeanStafford and he's coming all the way from Palo Alto. He's the
              One who did the ET Trail with us ;).
              Can't wait till tomorrow. See you there !

               Jan~Mari Lowry

              Sent from my incredible  IPhone

              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 12, 2011
                We had a lot of fun at the NUTS event tonight in Chico.  It was nice seeing such a good turn out.  Thanks to Rock & Crystal for hosting it.
                If anyone has pictures from tonights event please share them on the NUTS Facebook page.
                http://www.facebook.com/NUTSGeocaching

                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 12, 2011
                  Facebook!  BAH!!!

                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 12, 2011
                    @ Thrak...was that BAH!!! in a good way?

                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 12, 2011
                      Curmudgeons don't do social networking sites............

                      Never been to facebook, myspace, etc. Don't have a smartphone. Don't tweet or blog. Don't watch TV. I do go to the library frequently though.

                      Yep, a troglodyte to be sure. ;-)

                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 12, 2011
                        On 2/12/2011 10:58 PM, thrak@... wrote:
                        > Curmudgeons don't do social networking sites............
                        >
                        > Never been to facebook, myspace, etc. Don't have a smartphone. Don't
                        > tweet or blog. Don't watch TV. I do go to the library frequently though.

                        And you call yourself an I.T. guy... :-)
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 13, 2011
                          We have placed a cache in honor of Mr B in the Oroville Wildlife Area.  We would like to thank everyone at the NUTS event in Chico who added items to the cache.

                          From: Anthony Guzzi <dukeofurl@...>
                          To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 11:00 PM

                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 14, 2011
                            Hey there all you NUTS,

                            Just a reminder that there is another NUTS event (GC2N9YH) on Saturday February 26th at Clear Lake. (Hey, when it rains... it pours, right?) SmokeysRedheadHelper is hosting, and it is their farewell gathering before they head out on a huge adventure across the U.S. Check the listing for time and place. PLEASE log your intent and the number in your party ahead of time so they can prepare the establishment hosts. Lots of caches in the area, too. Hope to see y'all there, R&C

                            p.s. A huge thanks to Escapades for collecting the goodies and placing the MrB Memorial cache.

                          • thrak@pacbell.net
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 15, 2011
                              Hey! I don't consider Facebook or Twitter to be IT related. After all, how is having 200 "friends" whom you've never even met an IT thing? :-D

                              On 2/12/2011 11:00 PM, Anthony Guzzi wrote:

                              On 2/12/2011 10:58 PM, thrak@... wrote:
                              > Curmudgeons don't do social networking sites............
                              >
                              > Never been to facebook, myspace, etc. Don't have a smartphone. Don't
                              > tweet or blog. Don't watch TV. I do go to the library frequently though.

                              And you call yourself an I.T. guy... :-)

                            • redhawk2853
                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 30, 2011
                                We'll be having our third annual (Another) Salute to State of Jefferson Cachers on April 9th from 11:30 am to ?? at Heaven on Earth Bakery just south of beautiful Azalea, Oregon on I-5, exit 86. Awesome food and lots of treats and free raffles.

                                Rock&Crystal
                              • redhawk2853
                                Message 15 of 18 , Mar 30, 2011
                                  Oops, waypoint is GC2Q9H8 for the Oregon event.
                                • Anthony Guzzi
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Mar 30, 2011
                                    On 3/30/2011 7:51 PM, redhawk2853 wrote:
                                    > Oops, waypoint is GC2Q9H8 for the Oregon event.

                                    I think you have a typo in that waypoint, cause I copied and pasted that
                                    one, and it's a puzzle cache in Germany...
                                  • Edward Nelson
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Mar 30, 2011

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Mar 31, 2011
                                        OOPS 2, that's what I get for not using my specs. GC2Q9HP.

                                        To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
                                        From: dukeofurl@...
                                        Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:45:16 -0700