FTF for me...

  • Jim Olson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2005

      I haven't had a FTF since Feb. of this yr. until now...

      But, I had to drive almost 200 miles to get it... (GCQPQ3) Stumpy by Team Sagefox

      And then I almost didn't get it... I made a wrong turn & almost didn't go back...

      I really didn't know it was a new cache until L & I found it... And, the poor little cache had been sitting there waiting since Sept 25th...

      I found it on Oct 4th... I guess the Ft Bragg/Mendocino cachers must have let that one slip by...

      It's a good thing Bobolu didn't know it was there...

      But we had a great time on the coast (Sat, Sun, Mon, & Tues) & I did 12 caches & saw a few with some familiar names on them...

      Only to have to come home again...

      Oh wellÂ… Back to reality, work & local cachesÂ…

      Jim

    • geo_thrak
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2005
        Grats on the FTF! At least you didn't have to go all the way to
        Montana to beat Bobolu like I did!

        I know how you feel about the "back to reality" thing. I had a
        wonderful 2.5 week vacation and now I'm back at work. Sigh..... At
        least there is caching to help keep me sane.

        As for unvisited caches there is one rignt here that I'd visit and get
        FTF if I had a boat.......

        --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Olson" <ka6aru@h...> wrote:
        > I haven't had a FTF since Feb. of this yr. until now...
        >
        > But, I had to drive almost 200 miles to get it... (GCQPQ3) Stumpy by
        Team Sagefox

        > And then I almost didn't get it... I made a wrong turn & almost
        didn't go back...

        > I really didn't know it was a new cache until L & I found it... And,
        the poor little cache had been sitting there waiting since Sept 25th...

        > I found it on Oct 4th... I guess the Ft Bragg/Mendocino cachers must
        have let that one slip by...

        > It's a good thing Bobolu didn't know it was there...
        >
        > But we had a great time on the coast (Sat, Sun, Mon, & Tues) & I did
        12 caches & saw a few with some familiar names on them...

        > Only to have to come home again...
        >
        > Oh well. Back to reality, work & local caches.
        >
        > Jim
      • Raymond
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2005
          Boat? Just use an innertube like the rest of 'em!! But you better
          hurry, the water is getting colder by the day!!

          I heard "Jackrat and the Brain" (probably without his Brain) is
          considering organizing an expedition...