Re: [NUTS] Let me introduce myself....

  • rich sasek
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2005
      Hi Gary,
      $jester also known as Rich. Another Cruiser owner Huh? Welcome aboard. Ive been at it for a few monthes now and love it also. My wife thinks I'm nuts some times. Well I guess we are all NUTS. Looking forward to seeing you out there.
      Rich
      (white 73fj40)

      Blucruz <gsmcelroy@...> wrote:
      Hi, my name is Gary. I go by "Blucruz" online. I have a Blue Land
      Cruiser, It just stuck. Anyway I have a wife Tracey, & two daughters
      Brittany(14) and Katie(9). They turned me on to this whole Geocaching
      thing a few weeks ago while on a camping trip at Gold Lake.
      It seems that while we were up there doing volunteer work for the USFS
      at the 4x4 campground, one of the USFS people was talking about
      finding a geocache in that area. My daughters and wife asked a few
      question and they were given the website(geocaching.com) where all the
      questions we might have could be answered. Wow what a tremendous site.
      To make a short story long, I went on this site and searched for
      something close to the house in an area that I was familiar with. I
      punched in the lat/long into my Garmin 12cx that I never use but had
      cause it was cool, and we went out on the evening of 8/17 and drove up
      the road a ways. I was shocked, it put me right on top of it...hey
      this is kind of fun! I can get into this. So I got back online and
      just had to get a newer GPS. Something I could load maps & waypoints
      into. Bought a Magellan Gold with 64 meg sd card & the Mapsend Topo
      CD's. Nice unit!
      Well yea, it's fun and I'm absolutely hooked! The best thing is the
      whole family is hooked! We just got home from a marathon day of
      Geocaching. I think we hit over 40 but only found 28. A few were in
      places that had way too many people around and then a couple we just
      couldn't find at all. We'll keep trying though.
      Are you bored yet? I hope not. I wish I would have known about this
      sooner because I feel I've missed out on a lot of good potential
      family time. We had a blast today. 12 hours in the car with mom and
      dad and the kids were still laughing on the way home. Ok I'm ranting
      now, I'll shut up. I hope to meet many of you soon. from what I've
      read on here you all sound like a really fun group. Happy Caching!
      Gary "Blucruz"

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • nelson143@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4, 2005
        Welcome Gary and family!
        You will find fellowship and information here with us N.U.T.S, and lots of
        fun out there :)
        Happy caching!!!
        Ed & Julie
        The Badge & The Butterfly

        > Hi, my name is Gary. I go by "Blucruz" online.
        <snip>
      • Jim Olson
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4, 2005
          Cool... Some more cachers!!! And it's great you can do it as a family...
          Welcome to the group...
          ka6aru (Jim)

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 4, 2005
            Welcome. Now I'm not the newest N.U.T. anymore. :)

            I wish this had been around when my kids were young. I KNOW they would
            have loved it. Glad you are getting the family time. It's great when
            the whole family can enjoy something together. :)

            --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "Blucruz" <gsmcelroy@s...> wrote:
            > Hi, my name is Gary. I go by "Blucruz" online. I have a Blue Land
            > Cruiser, It just stuck. Anyway I have a wife Tracey, & two daughters
            > Brittany(14) and Katie(9). They turned me on to this whole Geocaching
          • Chuck Murphey
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 5, 2005
              I think you have proved that you are "NUTS" .
               WELCOME.
              Thewoodchuck also a "Gold" user.

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 5, 2005
                Welcome again Gary and Family.. good  luck and Happy Caching
                <~~ also a GOLD user....