Reminder NUTS Event tomorrow

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2005
      A Day Out in Durham (N.U.T.S. Event)
      by Escapades, MeoGeo, and Team Private Eyes

      N 39° 38.698 W 121° 46.560

      In California, United States [view map]
      Hidden: 7/31/2005
      Use waypoint: GCPKTR (what's this?)
      Make this page print-friendly (no logs)

      Please note: To use the services of geocaching.com, you must agree
      to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

      (ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)
      Difficulty: Terrain:

      Held on July 31st from 10:00 a.m. to sunset at a beautiful tree-
      filled, Geomutt friendly park in Durham with a huge covered picnic
      area and good sized barbecue. We plan to barbecue at 12:00 and eat
      at 12:30. Please bring your own item to barbecue, your own drinks,
      and also a side dish to share. Please post a note if you plan to
      attend and if possible, list the side dish that you plan to bring.

      Do you own horseshoes or a volleyball? If so, bring em!There are
      horseshoe pits and volleyball nets available as well as a nice
      playground for the kids.
      Dogs are welcome in this park and leashes are not required as long
      as the dogs are kept under control.

      We will have some activities (participation not required) lined up
      as well as some new caches placed prior to the event.

      We have arranged a tour of the Barry R. Kirshner Wildlife Foundation
      at 11:00 a.m. as well so if you are interested in participating in
      the tour please let us know in your log so that we can let them know
      how many people will be touring. There is a $5 donation required
      from each person for the tour. Please see their web page for
      details.

      http://www.kirshner.org/main/index.php

      We will also be having our usual 50/50 raffle and a cache container
      drawing so please bring something to place in the container. If you
      have any other items that you would like to donate for raffling,
      please bring those as well.

      We are looking forward to seeing everyone there!