AAA Cache 19: The Cajon Zone

  • Teeje
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2005
      Geocaching.com has cache hiding guidelines for a reason.
      After this cache, I won't be doing any more AAA caches...

      http://www.aaa-calif.com/travel/promo/campaign/r66_geocache2.asp?zip=

      http://www.aaa-calif.com/travel/promo/campaign/caches/cache-19.asp

      7/5/2005
      AAA Cache 19: The Cajon Zone
      I was amazed at the amount of garbage at the caching area, and the
      homeless box-shelter under the nearby bridge. After finding a nice
      poke-stick to search through the mess, we finally found the cache.
      Right after replacing the cache container, a very strange man wearing
      several medical face masks and rubber gloves rides up from behind on a
      high-priced bicycle and circles around us. After wondering for if we
      were about to be mugged or worse he rides a little further away. We
      got back into the car to drive off, and immediately after we did he
      headed right for the cache, grabbed it (and an old shirt on the
      ground), looked through the box, then rode off with it. Somehow I
      doubt he will return it, much less to the proper coordinates.

      I would suggest other geocachers to this cache be very ware of any
      nearby vehicles and watch their backs.