movin' on

  • John Bloom
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 1, 2004
      Just wanted to let you all know that June and I are moving back to our home in Brookings, Oregon. We hope to be out of here by mid July if all goes well(selling house, tying up loose ends, archiving caches, etc)I will certainly miss the good times caching and planting, but the call of the Pacific Salmon is quite strong and I need to be closer to the great salty pond. Thank you one and all for visiting my humble little caches and for the kind remarks, past and present. I'm looking forward to taking my caching experience Northward, maybe introduce them to "Bats are Up" and "Steaks on the run" he, he, he!! Take care and I'll see you in the field......Buster

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 1, 2004
        Say it isn't so!  The king of the cache hiders is leaving us.  You will surely be missed around here.  You brought us such fun and frustration.  You may leave the area but we will always remember you as one of our NUTS.
        We are really looking forward to your NUTS event cache in Brookings. Hint, hint.  Once you hide a few caches up there it will give us a good reason to explore the area.
        Thanks Buster for all the great caches you placed.  We really enjoyed your humor (says something about us)  We hope you enjoy living in Brookings full time and wish you all the best in the future.
        Your friends,
        Mike, Gail & Maggie
        Escapades
        PS  The cachers in Brookings have no idea of whats going to happen to geocaching in there area!!!

        John Bloom <fahrfrumwerken2001@...> wrote:
        Just wanted to let you all know that June and I are moving back to our home in Brookings, Oregon. We hope to be out of here by mid July if all goes well(selling house, tying up loose ends, archiving caches, etc)I will certainly miss the good times caching and planting, but the call of the Pacific Salmon is quite strong and I need to be closer to the great salty pond. Thank you one and all for visiting my humble little caches and for the kind remarks, past and present. I'm looking forward to taking my caching experience Northward, maybe introduce them to "Bats are Up" and "Steaks on the run" he, he, he!! Take care and I'll see you in the field......Buster

        Do you Yahoo!?

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • JeoMc5@aol.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 1, 2004
          First of all Dittos to what Escapades says, and second of all watch out! Once you've setup camp up there I for one will be coming up that way just to see what happens when you get there.

          sniff, sniff

          Jeo
        • Pat or Bert Hall
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
            Nah, this has to be another Buster trick.  That would be like a whale without Ahab:  Three people in the "gruesome foursome":  A cache with no tricks:  A history lesson that's true.

            Buster, although we haven't known each other too long I consider you a true friend and a serious influence on geocaching.  We will miss you badly at breakfast and in the field.  Personally I can't wait to see what you do to the geocachers in Brookings.  Good luck with the salmon and stay connected.
            Tanky

            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
              I resemble that remark! All or at least a miniscule portion of my most detailed telling of actual or at least somewhat factual, yet seemingly fabricated and unbelievable rendering of facts and events, both surreal and mundane, albeit ordinary to the uninitiated, are true and accurate as the pages of the texts from which I purloin that data! Anywho, June and I will be coming back regularly to sponge off our friends and relatives, get in some real caching and steal some tomatos during the growing season, something we will really miss being on the tomatoless coast.I won't be saying goodby, just " see you in a little while". Hey! I'll trade Salmon and Ling Cod for fruit and veggies! I might even throw in some Abalone and Scallops and a crab or two. Yeah!!!!!  Thanks to all for the kind words.

              Buster

              Pat or Bert Hall <bnphall@...> wrote:
[...]

            • Michael Daugherty

                Just wanted to let you all know that June and I are moving back to our home in Brookings, Oregon. We hope to be out of here by mid July if all goes well(selling house, tying up loose ends, archiving caches, etc)I will certainly miss the good times caching and planting, but the call of the Pacific Salmon is quite strong and I need to be closer to the great salty pond. Thank you one and all for visiting my humble little caches and for the kind remarks, past and present. I'm looking forward to taking my caching experience Northward, maybe introduce them to "Bats are Up" and "Steaks on the run" he, he, he!! Take care and I'll see you in the field......Buster

                Do you Yahoo!?

                Do you Yahoo!?

              • Chuck Murphey
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
                  Well setting on the bank of the of the Yuba having lunch you told me of this evil plan, the time frame was much longer and would have given you time to train  a replacement. Like that would be possible!!! We will miss you very much both at breakfast and your Great caches and most of the wonderful stories of history that I never learned in school. Remember Brooking is not that far for a rambling type. Will look forward to some caches up there. We wish you and yours the very best.
                  Thewoodchuck AKA WoodyBoy

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
                    Thank you Doggy face, but not to fret, for I will be much akin to the bad penny, always coming back. Should be able to come back about every 5-6weeks for a little caching and breakfast fests, just enough time to harass the troops and wear out my welcome!

                    Buster

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
                      Hey Jeo, Yes, it should be interesting to put a slightly different twist on caching up that way. All the caches I've taken there have been straight-forward, hide-em in the stump, crotch of a tree, magnetic key-holder on a sign, the usual stuff and that's ok, but I would like to employ some of the more clever stuff that I have come across down this way, thanks to all of you guys and gals. I can't wait to try a "Gold Country Challenge" on those Oregon dudes and dudettes. I have not seen any 2 or 3 stage caches up there, or any that require special tools, so it should be fun to see the reaction of the locals once I've got a toe-hold on some good locations, which there are many!!

                      Buster

                      JeoMc5@... wrote:
                      First of all Dittos to what Escapades says, and second of all watch out! Once you've setup camp up there I for one will be coming up that way just to see what happens when you get there.

                      sniff, sniff

                      Jeo

                      Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

                      Do you Yahoo!?

                    • JeoMc5@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
                        OH NO!
                        B.A.T.S. in the Belfry (or Bookings)
                        I'm going to keep a watch on your hides up that way and an occassional note our way would be greatly appreciated. Have fun teaching them the history of the area that they don't teach in schools.

                        Jeo
                      • Donald Liddiard
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
                          Aw NUTS!!!  :o(  Well we are holding back the tears, sorta!!  We hate to see you leave, and regret having missed all of those fine breakfasts down here.  We also remember a great dinner in Brookings, and expect to do a lot more of those in the future with the great Buster.  We will miss the wit and wisdom and evilness that you put into those caches of yours.  Guess we'll just have to go Brooking Buster Cache Busting. So does this mean we can all come up and create caches in and around Brookings and you'll watch over them all for us???  :o)  Hope you'll save some of those fish for us to catch... when we drop in... and remember we know where you live!! ;o)  Keep an eye open for some reasonable property, you know that's the area we will be heading to eventually. By the way how about Southern Oregon Bootie Seekers????  :o)   We'll see you soon, Rock&Crystal (& Pebble, too)  P.S. Pebble will miss the notes on the window, but looks forward to seeing you and the wonder dog in Oregon.

                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
                              Or "Southern Lower Oregon Bootie Snatchers" SLOBS, man, I see where this is going!!

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
                                Its kind of tramatic when you hear your losing one of your NUTS...

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
                                    I just hope that my moving North doesn't have an adverse effect on the balance of the planet, causing it possibly to shift on it's axis, throwing us into an ice-age or something really bad! Perhaps I should go on a diet to help keep things in line, eh?

                                    Buster

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jun 2, 2004
                                      That's for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o(