Rockhunting/GoldPanning Saturday, June 18

  • Pat or Bert Hall
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2005

      It doesn't matter what time you get there, someone will be around all day.  You will need something to dig around the tailings with and a small instrument (hammer/pick) to crack rocks with.

      For those interested I have secured permission to pan (but not sluice/dredge) on a different friend's claim that is near to the Silver Dollar mine, so no big hike will be required.  Bring something to eat, drink, and bug repellant.  Gold Country Minerals cache coordinates are: N39 26.053  W120 54.445
      This area has been pretty well dredged so don't expect a lot of nuggets, it will be mostly fine stuff.  You will need something to dig and/or pry with, an eye dropper to remove gold from the pan, and a small bottle to hold your findings.  And a pan.
      Tanky
    • JeoMc5@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2005
         We have three plastic gold pans and one metal (for the purists), two small camp shovels and one rock hammer that we can share. I'll have to dust them because I haven't gone in so long. This will be fun.
        Thanks Tanky,

        Jeo

        It doesn't matter what time you get there, someone will be around all day.  You will need something to dig around the tailings with and a small instrument (hammer/pick) to crack rocks with.

        For those interested I have secured permission to pan (but not sluice/dredge) on a different friend's claim that is near to the Silver Dollar mine, so no big hike will be required.  Bring something to eat, drink, and bug repellant.  Gold Country Minerals cache coordinates are: N39 26.053  W120 54.445
        This area has been pretty well dredged so don't expect a lot of nuggets, it will be mostly fine stuff.  You will need something to dig and/or pry with, an eye dropper to remove gold from the pan, and a small bottle to hold your findings.  And a pan.
        Tanky

        Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Donald Liddiard
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2005
          We too have several pans including one metal one and a few rock breaking hammers and an army shovel or two... oh yeah, and a truck with lots of space to carry large specimens!! :o)  ''' oh yeah, and some tweezers, little tubes, eyedropper and a large magnifying glass so we can see the gold! :o) Oh... and one very special geocoin for Jeo!! Bet you thought I'd forget, huh?! :o)

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 5, 2005
            Hey, I need a hammer too, can I just use your head rock?
            Daugpack
[...]

            This area has been pretty well dredged so don't expect a lot of nugets, it will be mostly fine stuff.  You will need something to dig and/or pry with, an eye dropper to remove gold from the pan, and a small bottle to hold your findings.  And a pan.
            Tanky

            Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
          • Donald Liddiard
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 2005
              Sure that's what it's there for, DoggieBoy  :o)

[...]

              Version: 7.0308 / Virus Database: 267.3.3 - Release Date: 5/31/2005
            • nelson143@sbcglobal.net
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 5, 2005
                I have an extra plastic gold pan that anyone who wants to go is free to use (I can drop it off anywhere around Chico).
                Julie and I was gonna go, but she's sick and my Dad is moving that weekend, so we can't.

                I'm crossing my fingers a NUT hits the motherload :)

                Ed & Julie
                The Badge & The Butterfly
                Sure that's what it's there for, DoggieBoy  :o)

                Hey, I need a hammer too, can I just use your head rock?
                Daugpack
                We too have several pans including one metal one and a few rock breaking hammers and an army shovel or two... oh yeah, and a truck with lots of space to carry large specimens!! :o)  ''' oh yeah, and some tweezers, little tubes, eyedropper and a large magnifying glass so we can see the gold! :o) Oh... and one very special geocoin for Jeo!! Bet you thought I'd forget, huh?! :o)
              • BootyBuddies

                  Sure that's what it's there for, DoggieBoy  :o)

                  Hey, I need a hammer too, can I just use your head rock?
                  Daugpack
                  We too have several pans including one metal one and a few rock breaking hammers and an army shovel or two... oh yeah, and a truck with lots of space to carry large specimens!! :o)  ''' oh yeah, and some tweezers, little tubes, eyedropper and a large magnifying glass so we can see the gold! :o) Oh... and one very special geocoin for Jeo!! Bet you thought I'd forget, huh?! :o)

                  Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

                  Discover Yahoo!