# 500

  • Willard Bennett { MR,B ]
    Message 1 of 4 , May 9, 2005
      Congrets to the retiredprof on # 500 find and at night in a cemetary?
      Maybe we should call him the Nuttyprofessor???? MR,B
    • Willard Bennett { MR,B ]
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1 12:33 PM
        Congts Jackrat and the brain, # 500. next goal 500 more????? then 500
        more and ???????
      • McNabb5@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1 1:28 PM
           Tanky and Pat, Mc5 and Jeo are going to Gold Country Minerals cache on Sat, June 18 to break rocks at an old silver mine, looking for rock and mineral specimens and then hike about 20 min. down Kanaka creek to a friend's claim and do some gold panning. Anyone else who enjoys rocks, please come along! We can bring a picnic lunch and make a day of it. This time its not about the numbers (but I think Jeo will find some more anyway)

          SEE WAYPOINT GCHYPH:
          "The cache is in a rubbermaid container near to mine tailings that are full of a variety of minerals. It's at 4,000 ft. elevation and probably inaccessible in winter.
          This cache will lead you to the abandoned Silver Dollar mine site at Kanaka Creek in the Sierra Nevada Gold Country. The coordinates above are NOT those of the cache. To find the cache coordinates you must find chemical formulas and fill in the blanks below as follows:
          N39° B6.05A W120° 54.CC5
          where A=the number of Magnesium atoms in Soapstone, B=the number of Sulfur atoms in Iron Pyrite(fool’s gold), C=the number of Oxygen atoms in Gypsum. All of these minerals can be found in the mine tailings along with Serpentine, (the state mineral), Slate, Quartz, Mariposite and others."

        • Willard Bennett { MR,B ]
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 28, 2005
            Congt's to NIFTSIX for # 500. And all the rest for even finds and Yar
            Yar for # 1300