FW: Rally Update 3/25/05

  • Bryan Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2005
      Here's an update on the Rally!!!!

      The SKWERL (bryan)

      -----Original Message-----
      From: GBES Admin [mailto:gbesevents@...]
      Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 2:25 PM
      To: Teri
      Subject: Rally Update 3/25/05

      Hi Rally Participant:

      Just wanted to remind you that the entry fee for the GBES Navigational Rally
      will increase from $100 to $125 on April 1. This is not an April Fools Day
      Joke!

      If you haven't entered, or you know somebody who's been thinking of entering
      this is the perfect time to do so. I mean, why pay extra when you don't
      have to?

      It looks like we will have at least one more session of Rally School before
      the big day. At this time we're looking at April 16th in Virginia City, NV.

      As far as the rally course preparations go, the night course is finished.
      The GBES Admin group will be pre-running it tomorrow to establish the
      average speeds you'll need to adhere to during the rally. We'll be out in
      force in the coming weeks to hide the caches we'll be posting on gc.com.

      The snow is melting in the areas we'll be using for the day course.
      We've already established the route. All we need to do at this point is to
      get waypoints and set the averages. Well, I guess we're also going to need
      to hide some caches there too.

      Oh, I almost forgot. If you'd like a little preview of what you can expect
      during this year's rally surf over to http://tinyurl.com/4r6gz and take a
      peek for yourself. You should find a clue to the location of the night
      rally starting line amongst the shots.

      As always, if you have any questions, please, just ask.

      Cache you later.
      Monty Wolf