Re: [NUTS] while on the subject of so called "lame micros"

    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 21, 2005
      Maybe we can call it Cache and Dash!

      Jim Olson <ka6aru@...> wrote:
      Hey, maybe we could start a new craze!!! DRIVE-BY CACHING!!!
      Jim
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 21, 2005
        Drive by caching sounds like fun, if it's a film canister. Might hurt a little if  it's an ammo can :P
        Ok I'm a little wacky but when I first read that phrase I was invisioning someone with a gps walking on the sidewalk and "rival" geocacher drives by and tosses a cache at them and shouts "here, find THIS!" That could be quite the turf war, BADGES, NUTS and RCGDS.

        Jeo

        BTW Love them all, depending on what mood I'm in and what challenge I'm up to that day.

        PS I've done two succesfully that I've purposely tried to stay in the truck and grab, now that's cool :P

> [...]

        Well thats my dollars worth.

        >From: <nelson143@...>
        >To: <nuts_@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [NUTS] Hide to find ratio
        >Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:19:07 -0800
        >
        >I would rather cachers maintain fewer quality caches than tossing micros
        >out the car window every 10th of a mile just have dozens and dozens of

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        click here

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jim Olson
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 21, 2005
          Sounds like Jeo may have something there...
          But as you drive by & throw a micro, just shout "Log this buddy!!!"
          Might get a rise out of them...
          Jim

          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 21, 2005
            It gets even more intense when ammo cans start flying out of cars.
            Mike

            Jim Olson <ka6aru@...>
            wrote:
> [...]

            Well thats my dollars worth.

            >From: <nelson143@...>
            >To: <nuts_@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [NUTS] Hide to find ratio
            >Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:19:07 -0800
            >
            >I would rather cachers maintain fewer quality caches than tossing micros
            >out the car window every 10th of a mile just have dozens and dozens of

          • Bryan Wright
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 21, 2005
              Nah, micros would be fine... I remember seeing a micro that was embedded in a brick once :-)

              The SKWERL

> [...]

              Well thats my dollars worth.

              >From: <nelson143@...>
              >To: <nuts_@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: Re: [NUTS] Hide to find ratio
              >Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:19:07 -0800
              >
              >I would rather cachers maintain fewer quality caches than tossing micros
              >out the car window every 10th of a mile just have dozens and dozens of

            • Warren Harding
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 22, 2005
                I threw three micros out the window yesterday. Two of them busted up and I
                got the wrong coordinates on all three. I guess I could make them mystery
                caches. The CHP gave me a ticket for littering. My hats off to anyone who
                can perfect this style of geoplanting. My hat's turned upside down and
                inside out if anyone can find those tossed caches! NUTS!!
                47Dad47

              • Jim Olson
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 22, 2005

                  If you were headed northbound on I-5 & threw them out just before the train tacks, & may have found a lid to a micro...

                   N38° 34.457'
                  W121° 30.524'

                  Was I close?

                  Just kidding, but I did find a lid to a micro in my little one's room yesterday... L is 3 almost 4 & I put her cache out in the yard & put the coordinates in my GPSr & let her go find it... And she's getting pretty good at it...

                  And I did let her find GCMP6T Edith Gould all by herself…

                  Keep the ideas coming… You never know when we may hit on something that may work...

                  Jim

                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 22, 2005
                      If any of you folks are interested in this SW, Costco has it for $35, less $20 rebate and a $10 coupon for a net of $5.  (Through April 3rd, pick up one of the coupon flyers when you go in the door).

                      The SKWERL
                    • emsdawn21
                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 22, 2005
                        oooooo.you got my interest...what does SW stand for? South West?

                        FireDawn

                        --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Wright <bryan@s...> wrote:
                        > If any of you folks are interested in this SW, Costco has it for
                        $35, less $20 rebate and a $10 coupon for a net of $5. (Through
                        April 3rd, pick up one of the coupon flyers when you go in the door).
                        > The SKWERL
                      • Bryan Wright
                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 22, 2005
                          SW=software....

                          This is a nice package--good bang for the buck!

                          The SKWERL

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/