Re: [NUTS] How big is large, how small is small

  • Donald Liddiard
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 3, 2005
      So... have they defined "a few"???? :o)

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Escapades
      Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 9:53 PM
      To: NUTS
      Subject: [NUTS] How big is large, how small is small

      There has been a lot of discusion recently in The Geocaching Forums and in Todays Cacher Magazine on how to rate your cache size.  They are trying to come up with a uniform guideline so when you go out to find a cache you will have an appoximate idea on the size you are searching for.

      We were never sure when we placed a cache if it was a micro, small, regular or large.  Here is what they came up with and it seems like a good guideline to me.  Now I just need to go back through the 36 caches we have hidden and fix the size and add the attributes.

      • Micro - will fit a scroll log and up to a few marbles
      • Small - will fit a flat logbook and up to a few golfballs
      • Regular - will fit a large logbook and up to a few softballs or international equivalent
      • Large - will fit a soccer ball and larger

      Mike

      Northstate Unusual Treasure Seekers!

    • nelson143@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 3, 2005
        Your question has been duly noted, President Clinton.

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 3, 2005
          What do you mean what if?
[...]

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • Pat or Bert Hall
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 3, 2005
            Hmmmm.  A motorcycle is small, a tank is big.   That would be a few marbles or a soccer ball.  Makes sense to me.
            Tanky

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 3, 2005
              Now you did it... my "conservative" wife takes offense to that! :o)

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 3, 2005
                Do we need more sizes?

                This is the first I've heard of a nano cache. On a "few" of my previous hides I've refered to them as mini micro ie altoids strip container or smaller.

                and then the other extreme,

                XXXL cache size will fit a "few" car ramps ;)
                and a "few" golf clubs and still have enough room for a party.

                http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=2c95daf8-542d-4127-821a-72b7ca4afd06

                Football party at the sports bar next door this sunday,

                Jeo
              • Jenn Oates
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 4, 2005
                  On Feb 3, 2005, at 9:30 PM, Donald Liddiard wrote:

                  > Now you did it... my "conservative" wife takes offense to that! :o)

                • Jenn Oates
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 4, 2005
                    We had a president named Clinton?

                    On Feb 3, 2005, at 9:30 PM, Donald Liddiard wrote:

                    > Now you did it... my "conservative" wife takes offense to that! :o)

                  • Donald Liddiard
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 4, 2005
                      I believe so, but he got lost between the bushes!

                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 4, 2005
                          > Now you did it... my "conservative" wife takes offense to that! :o)

                          Guess Crystal doesn't like cigars. Me neither <snicker>