GBES stuff

  • Jenn Oates
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2005
      GBES had a great event yesterday in Carson City (hope the NUTS event
      was swell too...wish I could be in two places at one time!). The rally
      was discussed in some detail, and a little training mini-rally was
      provided to those who are a little intimidated by all them rules.
      (hint: don't be) If you don't think you're up to running the rally but
      would kinda like to be involved and get your feet wet by observing, you
      can volunteer to work the rally.

      For those of you who wanted to go but couldn't, there are two more
      similar events planned that will do the same thing: February 26 in
      Reno somewhere and April 16 in Fallon somewhere. I will let the lists
      know when the event pages are up and running.

      Something else cool I learned...Nevada State Tourism has an official
      cache in Carson City...I have the little ad for the cache, and I will
      bring it with me to the next event. What a great idea! CA tourism
      would be smart to do something similar, don't you think?

      Oh, and SKERWL? The lady who 'manned' the 3rd checkpoint came to talk
      to me...she had missed you when you came through her checkpoint and was
      distressed about missing the only motorcycle in the race. I assured
      her that you didn't make it to the 3rd checkpoint, and she was very
      relieved. Heehhe. Several people asked me if you were riding the bike
      again this year...I think you (and my oil pan) were the highlights of
      the rally last year.

      Jenn