6280Re: [NUTS] Looking for Best Power Trail in Nor Cal

  • cathy@pacific.net
    Jan 23, 2012
      Sandi....LOL how did I know??? I have done the 66 and its a HUGE
      undertaking and you really need 4 people to do it right. Get the map open
      and just scroll around and you will see some of the power runs listed.
      There are a few over by the 66 actually. I have asked the question as to
      what makes a run a power run and I was told over 250 caches is considered
      a power run by some of the BIG names in Caching so just depends on where
      you want to travel and how many you want to do. You know the ET would be
      fun to do in stages... 1500 plus the space ship and the head (Ive done the
      head) is a lot to do in a few days... dont want to get cached out.... let
      me know when you find one if I can go I will. I love power runs and have
      experience!
      Cathy

      > I was just at a caching event last night in reno. One of the cachers told
      > me of his plans to put a power trail of about 100 caches in the Sierra
      > valley which is just east of Portola. He plans to start putting them out
      > on Feb 29th.
      > There is a really awesome  power trail called blackwood canyon which is
      > at the northwest part of lake tahoe. Due to the snow finally arriving it
      > wont be attainable until summer. If you plan on visiting tahoe during the
      > summer months its well worth the trip and the time.
      > Happy caching,
      > Leianne (portolahiker)

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic