      From: thrak@... <thrak@...>
      Subject: Re: [NUTS] Facebook "Chico Cachers"
      To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: "Courtney" <courtney@...>
      Date: Monday, August 22, 2011, 10:29 PM

      I work in IT. I have worked in IT for years. I was an online gamer for 3.5 years -- a VERY serious gamer who spent 2.5 - 16 hours per day, EVERY day, online and gaming (Dark Age of Camelot).  I do not do any social networking. I was SAVED by geocaching. I probably quite literally owe my family life and my sanity to Bobolu for introducing me to geocaching. I went outside and never did online gaming again.  If others want to do Facebook and things of that sort they are welcome to do so but I will never participate in things of this sort. Yes, I sound like an old curmudgeon. So what?

      Note: If you don't know the word curmudgeon maybe you need to stop doing online stuff and watching television and start reading books instead. I think I was probably in the third or fourth grade when I learned that word................  Get off of the computer. Turn off the television. READ. Go outside and geocache. You will be better for it.

      </soapbox off>

      Sorry for being so adamant but that's really how I feel. I won't waste my time or my life on social networking sites.

      On 8/22/2011 7:29 PM, Courtney wrote:

      I thought that those people that are interested could "like" the new "Chico Cachers" Facebook page. I called it Chico Cachers but really it is for any area and we can all discuss anything, or anywhere geocaching. Just another way to promote discussion and conversation about geocaching, in Chico or in the surrounding areas.

      It can really be anything geocaching. You make it what you want. Another way to build community.

      Courtney
      ".Quad"

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic