6222Re: [NUTS] nanos ARE micros

  • thrak@pacbell.net
    Aug 9, 2011
      It seems to have become "the fashion" to not list the cache size. I don't like it but there's not much one can do about it. I figure the point of the cache is for people to find it but I seem to be "old fashioned" in that regard. I also still like ammo cans whereas the current trend is for caches that can't even hold a small travel bug. It's trends of this sort that caused a number of the "seasoned cachers" (read old farts who used to be very active geocachers) to slack off to an alarming degree.

      On 8/8/2011 9:57 PM, Ed & Julie Nelson wrote:

      Just a question for the group:

      Why have most people stop listing nanos under the "micro" size?

      Groundspeak adamantly states they will not make a new size category for nanos, since they are covered under the micro description. Nanos are micros.

      I filter out micros, but when nanos are left as "Size: ? other" (the size is not chosen, or intentionally left as 'other') they don't get filtered.

      Is there a reason not to list them as micros on the cache page?

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic