6042[NUTS] What to do?

  • Gary McElroy
    Dec 3, 2010
      Well after a week and with responses from only 12 people I'm a little miffed as to why there wasn't more input on this topic. I really would have liked to have done something to make the Holidays a bit better for some less fortunate but with the lack of response I am going to table it for now.
      I will comment on the talk about donating gps units to scouting councils though. Based on my past experience as being a Scouting Father for the last 15 years, I would not donate anything to a Council, Boy or Girl Scout. Councils, at least in this area seem to forget about the kids with their corporate mentality. I have seen donations in the form of equipment and supplies go to waste in storage before the council would let the kids have at it.  I would be more than happy to donate to established individual troops but I would not donate to the council as a whole.
      I do like Thrak's Idea of having a gathering and therefore there will be  a NUTS Event in early January in Chico or Oroville somewhere so watch for it.
      Anyhow we will decide at the event what we will do with whatever is left after the event.
      Gary (Blucruz)

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic