      From: "Michelle Zukovsky" <mitzume@...>
      To: "nuts " <nuts_@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 6:39:56 AM
      Subject: Re: [NUTS] What to do?

      The fact that several of your families have a GPS device that can mark way-points does make you troop unique, at least, compared to where I am from.  With the array of iphones and other cell phones that have GPS capability it is amazing how few people know that much about geocaching.  For many people it's more of a directional tool for locating a restaurant or business, basic driving directions. As we all know, there is so much more to geocaching then just driving to a cache site.

      Any donation, NUTS decides to make would of course be a charitable one.  We all belong to groups that do food drives, donate gifts and clean parks etc. The problem is that these types of donations are either consumable or short lasting.  While I realize there is yet a GPS out there that is "timeless" what an awesome way to promote/encourage participation in the very sport that is the core reason this group and many others like it exist,

      Michelle - Moonchaser