5936Cache sizes

  • Ed & Julie
    Feb 11 5:29 AM

      Julie and I have been out of caching for a while, and are beginning to get back into it. We got iPhones and  the Geocaching app, so the descriptions are always at my fingertips.

      I downloaded a couple a pocket queries over the last week, and have observed a recent local trend…cache owners not indicating cache sizes on their hides (cache size: “Not chosen”).

      I normally do not look for microcaches any more. I will download a PQ, then use either the PQ query and/or GSAK to filter out the micros. What I am getting are a bunch of caches with the size not chosen which usually sound like micros (“bring your own pen”, need tool for log extraction” or even called a micro in the description, etc). When the cache size is not chosen, I can’t filter caches by size.

      Just wondering why some cachers are not indicating the size on caches lately? Thoughts?

      See ya in the wild…

      Happy caching!!
      Ed (& Julie)

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic