      From: Edward Nelson <nelson143@...>
      To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, December 17, 2009 4:24:33 PM
      Subject: Re: [NUTS] New California Law?

      I checked with the Traffic Seargant at the Chico Police Department where I work, and he scoured the recent traffic laws, and could find nothing regarding dash-mounted GPS units. You can mount a GPS on the windshield on the lower corner of either the right or left side (5-inch square on the left, 7 inch square on the right).

      He did caution that a dash-mounted GPS could possibly obstruct the driver's view (which IS illegal) and result in a ticket or an accident.

      Ed (of Ed & Julie)