      To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
      From: sierrajack@...
      Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 16:49:52 -0700
      Subject: Re: [NUTS] Re: Northern California DeLorme Challenge

      First, I want to thank all of you for your help.  The further I look into this the more confused I get, or maybe I'm just making things too complicated (which I've been known to do more than once in my life).  The URL provided by Trak has a Northern California DeLorme Atlas listed that is "new" for $19.00.  It sounded like a bargain until I noticed that the description stated it was a 2nd Edition.  From what I can find out the second edition was printed in 1990.  So, I can pay $19.00 for the 1990 2nd edition version, $50.00 for the 2003 6th edition version (which I won't do) or $24.95 for the all new 2008 "California" version. hummm

      After all of this I bet many of you are amazed that I've ever been able to find or even hide a single cache.  As someone once told me "paralysis through analysis".  By the way, the ISBN for the 2003 6th edition is 0899332870.  I already have Hynr's GSAK macro to run my caches against, but I'm just an old guy that like to have a paper map to look at once in a while to plan my trips.

      Thanks again to all of you who have responded to help my in my quest.

      Sierra Rat