5379Lake County fire (Walker)

  • Dennis Schebler
    Jun 29, 2008

      Lake County fire called Walker.

      If you have listened to the news it was the biggest fire for California. It is 100%contained as of the morning of 6/29/08. It burned 14,500 acres. We have not heard of any homes lost. It was from Indian Valley Res. on Walker Ridge Rd. just off Hwy 20.

      We have possibly lost a couple caches. Road is still closed. When it opens back up we will go check caches.

      Smoke is not as bad as it has been for the week. Fire started 6/22/08 by a vehicle's undercarridge hitting a rock.

      We hope all the other town's and county's are ok. Our pray's are with all.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic