5220Re: [NUTS] Introduction

    Jan 7, 2008
      Welcome! We have been caching with our daughter (12) since April of 2003. Kids are actually quite handy to have around when caching, they can look under things and not look conspicuous where an adult may cause a second glance. People expect kids to be inquisitive so if they are looking and/or climbing under, in, on and around things chances are nobody will look twice. Also, caches hidden in public parks are much easier with kids in tow. Somehow adults sneaking around looking in bushes near a children's playground just doesn't look right. This is just about the greatest family activity ever invented!

      If you haven't yet, be sure to get to know UtChaz & Family. He is also stationed at Beale.
      Gail (Escapades)

      usafwife4ever <usafwife4ever@...> wrote:
      Hello,

      Just wanted to introduce myself and my family. My name is Trisha, my
      husband is Jason, and we have 2 kids (12 & 9), we are deanfamily97.
      We are new to the Yuba City area and to geocaching. My husband is in
      the Air Force and was transferred to Beale AFB last May.

      I have heard of geocaching before, but didn't really know what it
      was. I heard a coworker talking about it a couple of months ago and
      knew my family would love it.

      We went out for the first time after Christmas and loved it. We are
      looking forward to learning more about it and getting better so we
      can hunt for harder finds. :-)

      What an awesome family activity to get everyone out of the house and
      seeing the great outdoors.

      Any tips for newbies? I think our biggest challenge being a fmaily of
      four is being inconspicious.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic