5219Re: [NUTS] Introduction

  • Roger Seaman
    Jan 7, 2008
      deanfamily97,  welcome to the wonderful world of geocaching.  our advice is to search for some of the easier hides  (lower ratings) until you get the hang of things.  also it would be fun for you to attend one of the NUTS events and meet some of the cachers in our area.  the caching community is a swell group of helpful people.  feel free to e-mail me if i can be of any help to you.  happy caching!   retiredprof  (roger and jan)

      On Jan 7, 2008 7:31 PM, <bnbschneider2@...> wrote:

      Welcome to the hunt, OE3 Retiree

      -----Original Message-----
      From: usafwife4ever <usafwife4ever@...>
      To: nuts_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 7:19 pm
      Subject: [NUTS] Introduction

      Hello,

      Just wanted to introduce myself and my family. My name is Trisha, my
      husband is Jason, and we have 2 kids (12 & 9), we are deanfamily97.
      We are new to the Yuba City area and to geocaching. My husband is in
      the Air Force and was transferred to Beale AFB last May.

      I have heard of geocaching before, but didn't really know what it
      was. I heard a coworker talking about it a couple of months ago and
      knew my family would love it.

      We went out for the first time after Christmas and loved it. We are
      looking forward to learning more about it and getting better so we
      can hunt for harder finds. :-)

      What an awesome family activity to get everyone out of the house and
      seeing the great outdoors.

      Any tips for newbies? I think our biggest challenge being a fmaily of
      four is being inconspicious.