3673Re: [NUTS] Geowoodstock?!?!?!?!?

  • Raymond
    Jun 2, 2006

      Sounds like you guys had an outstanding time!  So great to hear your stories - really appreciate that :) !  So sorry about MeoGeo :-&, don't feel bad Maggie...we got to visit New York City last month and I caught a bug somewhere between there and the Jersey Shore...So along with seeing some of the greatest sights the city had to offer, I got to "eh..hemm"  tour some of the finest public facilities the city had to offer....I must say, the Empire State Building  - top notch, first class commode.  Now there's something you won't find in the AAA Tour Book!!!!

      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Escapades <escapades4cache@...> wrote:

      > Hi Raymond, thanks for asking!
      > We flew into Oaklahoma City on Thursday (we actually flew over the Grand Canyon...that was neat!) and spent Friday visiting the Oaklahoma City Memorial (where the Federal building was bombed). What an awsome memorial! We then traveled towards Dallas, making sure to swing by and bag the virtual cache at the World's Largest Peanut (just had to do it!)
      >
      > We decided to go to the Friday night meet and greet that had been listed as going until sundown and when we arrived, there was nobody around. We soon found out that at the last minute, they changed the location. Even though the new coordinates has been updated on the web page, we didn't get them because we were in route. Several others showed up as well and then we found some handwritten coordinates that had been left behind of where the new location was so off we went. We found the new location but not very many people there so we stayed a while then went to visit Lil Devil and Angel who were camping in the area.
      >
      > The GeoWoodstock event was not exactly in the same league with GWIII but was fun anyway. It's always fun to meet other geocachers and renew acquaintances with those you already know. Several people that we meet in Florida attended so we got to visit with them again. Several of us Californian cachers took a little side trip over to find the first cache placed in Texas. Lil Devil and Crystal had to test out the green briar patch...we appreciated them sacrificing themselves to the cache gods so that we could claim this cache as a find. We had a very good day but boy were we tired at the end!
      >
      > Sunday, we visited the JFK memorial in Dallas then vwent to Fort Worth. Maggie got to sit on a real Long Horn. We ran into JoeGPS there in Fort Worth and he indicated that California was certainly going to be considered for GW5. He is the person who started the GeoWoodstock events and has a lot of say regarding where the GW events will be held so I believe that if a good proposal is submitted, we can be the hosts! It is a big undertaking but I know that we can certainly pull something together that will be much better than what Texas offered. In fairness, JoeGPS did tell us about somethings that occurred a couple weeks before GW4 that caused things to not run as smoothly as it should have. Considering the problems, things went well. (California cachers can do better though!)
      >
      > We headed home on Monday, our little MeoGeo was sick the whole day. She vomited in Oaklahoma, Arizona, and California all in one day...that has to be some type of record!
      >
      > Anyway, all in all, it was a great trip! I will post pictures on the NUTS page in a GW4 photo album ASAP
      >
      > Gail (Escapades)
      >
      > Raymond rxcooper@... wrote:
      > Any reports from Texas? How was GW4 this last weekend? Stories?
      > Pictures? Memorable Caches? Rumors? Jeeps? Bare Skin?

> [...]

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic