2721Re: [NUTS] Re: Problems with Geocaching.com?

  • debra jaynes
    Jan 6, 2006
      for me the forum side is still quite fast..but i notice time in logging, going to caches/searches is a bit slower. and for some reason lately the maps don't load right from the cache page but will from a map it string.
      debra

      On 1/6/06, EILEEN BELAN <eileenb@...> wrote:
      And I haven't been on much in the last month. My foot is almost healed so it will probably be even slower once I start creating pocket queries and logging all the caches I hope to start finding.
      Eileen...

      geo_thrak <geo_thrak@...> wrote:
      Maybe it has to do with all the new accounts.

      I don't know how many new accounts there are now but I do know that, from Dec. 26 - Dec. 29, there were 9800 new accounts created. Likely there were many more created since then. It seems a LOT of folks got a GPSr for Christmas.

      --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, "blucruzfamily" <gsmcelroy@s...> wrote:

      > I have noticed that it has been slower than usual the past couple
      > weeks. Hasn't timed out on me yet though. I wonder if there is a
      > connection between the servers with GC.com & the Groundspeak forums. I
      > know they had to disable the search engine for the forums because the
      > server is maxed out. Too many people on at one time now and the servers
      > tend to lock up. Blu.
      >
      > --- In nuts_@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Wright bryan@s... wrote:
      > >
      > > Anyone having timeout problems with the site? I've been trying to
      > retrieve a TB from a cache for quite some time and the transaction
      > keeps timing out. Reminds me of the bad old days of a few months ago :-
      > ). Seems like the TB code is not as well optimized as the normal
      > cache logging code?
      > >
      > > Haven't seen anything in the forums....
      > >
      > > The SKWERL

      Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts
      Treasure seeker

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic